Just a rant/query sometimes it is hard to know when certain apps are available for you country and you then have to go to the iTunes request the app page. For example Google maps is not available in the Barbados app store nor is the Flickr app. iTunes movie trailer app made by Apple is another prime example but available in the US store. I would just like a little app parity throughout the various country stores but I do understand when the app's content may not be licensed to be used in a particular country. So when the iMore staff recommends an app please make it is available worldwide.
    06-15-2014 02:02 PM
    Welcome to iMore. You may want to send your suggestions over to Apple and they'll be able to explain why certain apps aren't available in your country. As far as iMore staff recommendations go, they usually specify what market the app is available in. The staff usually recommend apps they use & sometimes that app isn't available everywhere. If they only wrote about apps that were available everywhere, many apps wouldn't get talked about at all (Google Maps, Flickr, etc.).
    06-16-2014 08:23 PM
    If you get an answer from Apple could you post it here, I also dont get the country availability check list.
    06-29-2014 03:42 PM
    The developer is actually the one who decides which markets their app is available in, not Apple. For the most part, at least. I'm sure there may be some legal issues Apple has to enforce for different regions, but overall it's the developer who decides which markets to offer their app in.
    06-29-2014 04:30 PM
    I know Google does it but the funny thing is that all Android phones have maps available everywhere
    10-22-2014 11:34 AM