Buzzing/gushing sound in right ear

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
After 20 mins of using my brand new airpods pro yesterday, it started making an annoying blowing/buzzing/gushing sound in the right ear piece which I haven't been able to fix. I just got off the app with Apple support who think it's the ear tip and are sending me a replacement in the post. I very much doubt it. Anyone experiencing similar?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Nope, and I've had my AirPods Pro since November 8th with no problems to speak of. It sounds like something more than the ear "tip". I suggest bringing them into an Apple Store if possible and have them check out the problem you're having.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
My wife has had hers for about a week and no problems reported so far, and she uses them all day at work.

oladob

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Nope, and I've had my AirPods Pro since November 8th with no problems to speak of. It sounds like something more than the ear "tip". I suggest bringing them into an Apple Store if possible and have them check out the problem you're having.

Will see if this replacement tips work and if not, then straight to the apple store.

djg21

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
When I have transparency on, I get annoying noise when I move even slightly. It sounds like crinkling cellophane. It’s only from one ear. I may call Apple and ask if I can’t resolve it.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Ive experienced this a couple times on the right side. Putting it back in the case for a couple seconds and then back in my ear has gotten rid of it every time.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Ive experienced this a couple times on the right side. Putting it back in the case for a couple seconds and then back in my ear has gotten rid of it every time.

...but that's not normal and you should not be experiencing this type of behavior from your Airpods/Airpods Pro. I suggest contacting Apple for a new pair.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
...but that's not normal and you should not be experiencing this type of behavior from your Airpods/Airpods Pro. I suggest contacting Apple for a new pair.

If it becomes more of an issue I will definitely do that. Its happened exactly twice in the 2+ months I've had them and have had no issues beyond that. I also have AppleCare in the event this becomes more frequent as they age.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
After 20 mins of using my brand new airpods pro yesterday, it started making an annoying blowing/buzzing/gushing sound in the right ear piece which I haven't been able to fix. I just got off the app with Apple support who think it's the ear tip and are sending me a replacement in the post. I very much doubt it. Anyone experiencing similar?

Could it be that there is a bit of wax in the ear which is being pressed onto the drum by the tip of the AirPod? That could cause a sensation of noise.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site

Wanted to update this as its relevant to the OP. As soon as I said that it wasn't that bad, it got worse. Called Apple and they setup a repair to have the right one replaced. Went through my local Best Buy as its about an hour closer than the Apple Store. Received the replacement very quick (Went on Friday night, they received the replacement on Monday). Attempted to pair the replacement and it wouldn't pair, blinking amber light. Could pair each airpod individually but not together. Did some research and figured out the new airpod was on a newer firmware version than the "old" one. Called Apple again and we went through a number of different step to try to "force" the update to happen on the old airpod. Finally, after several phone calls and several hours of attempts they decided they were going to replace the old one as well. Decided to try to update it one more time before I went through the hassle of another exchange (and possibly getting a different version of firmware again). Had to listen to music for about a minute with the older firmware airpod while the other was paired but not in my ear or in the case. After the minute, placed the older airpod in the charging case and plugged in the case to charge. By some miracle, the update finally pushed down. I noticed this because the airpod did not disconnect while in the case with the lid closed as it normally does. Once it disconnected after a few minutes, "forgot" the AirPods from the bluetooth settings, put both in the case and held down the pairing button until got a white flashing light. After that I was able to pair normally and all is well again, no static/buzzing sound in the right airpod. Long story short - if you are running anything less than the 2B588 firmware version on your current AirPods you will probably have similar issues if you only have one replaced.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77