AirPods Pro Noise Control

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you. Could you please explain why?? Apple says “ Transparency mode lets outside sound in, so you can hear what's going on around you.”

I tried to post the Apple Airpods Pro information and video, but for some reason the system would not let me. Just go to the Apple site and you will see it on the very first page. The explanation to your question is there.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
And Off? I still don’t understand why they made 3 options instead of 2 (Noise Cancelation and Transparency). I don’t understand the difference between Off and Transparency.

“The way the Transparency mode works is by leaving on the part of Active Noise Cancellation which is focused on eliminating internal sound. So, when you wear the AirPods in Transparency mode, you're not getting the full noise-canceling effect. Rather than having to turn your volume all the way up to block out loud noises, you'll be able to listen to whatever you want at a comfortable volume while still being aware of your surroundings.”

Source: https://www.elitedaily.com/p/what-i...-airpods-pro-the-update-is-so-useful-19281528

That means there is no active noise cancellation at all in OFF mode.

lawful73

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
“The way the Transparency mode works is by leaving on the part of Active Noise Cancellation which is focused on eliminating internal sound. So, when you wear the AirPods in Transparency mode, you're not getting the full noise-canceling effect. Rather than having to turn your volume all the way up to block out loud noises, you'll be able to listen to whatever you want at a comfortable volume while still being aware of your surroundings.”

Source: https://www.elitedaily.com/p/what-i...-airpods-pro-the-update-is-so-useful-19281528

Thank you!! Super clear.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the explanation/information JustMeD. I'm on my way to pick up a pair right now...LOL

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Transparency mode uses the microphones to pass outside sounds through, so you can hear your surroundings.

Active noise cancellation actively cancels out surrounding sounds electronically, so you hear nothing (basically) but the music.

Off is just that. Active noise cancellation is off, and so is the Electronic pass through (transparency).

With off, you will get some outside noise blockage due to the ear cup seals, but not nearly as good as with the active noise cancellation on.

lawful73

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Apple offers a transparent mode option that allows users who are concerned about active noise reduction to eliminate sounds to listen to the surrounding environment. Transparent mode utilizes the ventilation system in AirPods Pro to reduce active noise reduction. AirPods Pro users can not only listen to traffic and radio, but also listen to music and podcasts at the same time.

Thank you. Very clear.

lawful73

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Transparency mode uses the microphones to pass outside sounds through, so you can hear your surroundings.

Active noise cancellation actively cancels out surrounding sounds electronically, so you hear nothing (basically) but the music.

Off is just that. Active noise cancellation is off, and so is the Electronic pass through (transparency).

With off, you will get some outside noise blockage due to the ear cup seals, but not nearly as good as with the active noise cancellation on.

Thank you for your explanation.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for the explanation!

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

In my short time with these and with some hearing loss I actually hear some mid and high frequencies better transparency on.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2