Opinion: What’s in the Box?

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
AirPods Pro opinions wanted. Forget about the product for a moment. Focus on Apple and how the product as a whole is sold.

AirPods Pro do NOT come with a Charging Brick. Now I’ll be honest, I can’t remember if my original AirPods did or not. Nonetheless, should the AirPods Pro be viewed different because they come with a USB-C to Lightning cord.

Here in lies my question...should Apple have included a USB-C Charging Brick? I understand the case has wireless charging. Additionally, understand you can always use an already owned USB Brick.

For me personally I have Wireless Chargers, a USB-C Brick from my 11 Pro Max, and countless extra USB Bricks with Lightning cords so I’m unaffected.

All that said, as a customer should you be thankful they even included a cord, or feel slighted because they’ve left you without a brick for the new cord.

Although I personally have the means to charge I still feel kind of slighted...am I greedy? What do you all think?
0869d5061d33003433e04cc0ca2ba15f.jpg

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
On one hand I having charging bricks coming out of my ears. I could use any one of them and if I really wanted to use USB -C I could hunt down the one that came with my Pro Max. On the other it comes off cheap not supplying one with what is supposed to be a premium product. I should be able to be up and running the second they’re in my hands. Clearly it’s not stopping people from buying them.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Picked up a set of AirPod pros yesterday.
Doesn’t bother me in the least, haven’t used an Apple supplied charging brick since the iPhone 4s.

wenrob

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Do they make it clear there is no charging block in the box?
Like I said in my previous post it would be no big thing at my house. We have cables and bricks coming out of our ears but it still comes off cheap to me. Two hundred and fifty bucks and they can’t throw in a charging block? FTR I find it cheap when Amazon does with their high end Kindles as well.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Personally, it doesn’t matter to me. The only wireless headphones that have ever come with a charging block are my over the ear Bose & Beats headphones. I don’t think my Bose or Beats buds came with one.

On the other hand, I can see a lot of people being upset. Most don’t read the boxes, so they’ll be expecting a brick because Apple changed the cord.

jpgti

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I think Apple does this stuff on purpose. They probably figure that most people will have the means to charge them without the included USB-C to Lightning cable, but including the cable does get you thinking about USB-C if you aren't already. I'll charge them wirelessly most of the time so it doesn't bother me regardless.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow, I never noticed this. After reading this thread I went and checked my other two AirPods boxes and no brick, just the cables. Not that I really need another brick as I have them all around my home and some still in there original iPhone boxes. I have plenty. I have to agree though, for $250 Apple should include a charging brick in my opinion.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm fine without a charging device. As is the price only made sense in the context of my knowing the price, NC quality and features of some top rated noise cancelling products. If I have any concern it is knowing they won't last for years the way conventional devices do. That's based on what's left from my original AirPods.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strawberrymelon