My opinions of Airpods

Frehley

Ambassador
Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Airpods on Tuesday...LOVE them! They stay in my ears much better that the stock earpods and I think the sound is fantastic. Genuine, checked the serial number on Apple's website, from Amazon for $139.00 I am very happy with my purchase. The $20 I saved will go towards my new Apple Watch Series 4!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I love mine. I was hesitant to get them but after using my wife's, it was a done deal. I really didn't think I'd like that they don't seal inside your ear, but I actually like that better as I can still hear ambient sounds when I go on my bike rides. And once paired with my iPhone, I didn't realize just how easy it is to use then on all my other Apple devices. Mine have even made a trip through the washing machine and drier and still work fine.

Is the cost justified? Um, no. But then again, NONE of Apple's items prices are justified. :)

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Mine aren't the cheap no name brand ones. Mine are genuine Apple Airpods.... which are on that list in the link you shared.

I think when he said, "Airpods are one of if not the cheapest truly wireless buds." he was comparing them to the major players in this space that are on the list he provided.

I, personally, haven't seen many comparable truly wireless earpods similar to Airpods at a much cheaper price. I'd have to agree that they are one of the cheapest options available if you're wanting something of this style.

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Late to the game, I JUST got mine today. I was skeptical for a long time but they’re GREAT, and stay in my ears much better than the EarPods that came with my phone.

RPA1408

Feb 17, 2018
Visit site
I recently picked up a pair myself. Firstly, I was surprised by the sound quality. Granted they’re not as good as the Bose I use with my stereo, but they’re much better than the EarPods that came with my phone. The sound quality was a pleasant surprise as I wasn’t expecting much. Phone calls are also perfectly clear.

Secondly, I’ve been using them for a week and the connection has been rock solid, no dropouts at all despite living in a house with ridiculously thick walls and constantly moving from room to room. Another tick.

The only thing that kinda bugs me is the tapping gestures needed to control things and I’m gradually coming to terms with that. I’ll use Siri if I’m relatively secluded but I feel like an arse doing it.

Overall I’ve been very impressed and I’m very pleased I finally took the plunge.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I recently picked up a pair myself. Firstly, I was surprised by the sound quality. Granted they’re not as good as the Bose I use with my stereo, but they’re much better than the EarPods that came with my phone. The sound quality was a pleasant surprise as I wasn’t expecting much. Phone calls are also perfectly clear.

Secondly, I’ve been using them for a week and the connection has been rock solid, no dropouts at all despite living in a house with ridiculously thick walls and constantly moving from room to room. Another tick.

The only thing that kinda bugs me is the tapping gestures needed to control things and I’m gradually coming to terms with that. I’ll use Siri if I’m relatively secluded but I feel like an arse doing it.

Overall I’ve been very impressed and I’m very pleased I finally took the plunge.

Nice. Glad to hear your thoughts. I love mine and usually control volume and song skip via Apple Watch.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I would like to go cordless, but reading this thread is not helping ! apart from the fact that I prefer in ear buds that block the maximum of extraneous noise, no Apple bud fits my ears, the ones that come with the XS are uncomfortable. I have a cheapo zero audio corded pair that is way,way better than the Apple offerings so far. So Apple get your skates on and make some earbuds up to your price !

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I love my AirPods but no longer use them. I gave them to my son and now use the Jabra 65t Elites. The Jabras sit in my ear better and provide noise isolation. Also I can pair them with my phone and Mac at the same time and which ever device is playing audio will be sent the earbuds. No action on my part needed.

phessler

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I love my AirPods but no longer use them. I gave them to my son and now use the Jabra 65t Elites. The Jabras sit in my ear better and provide noise isolation. Also I can pair them with my phone and Mac at the same time and which ever device is playing audio will be sent the earbuds. No action on my part needed.

Thank for the tip as I too am looking for something that fits better. Just ordered the 65t Elites from Amazon and they have them for $120 right now.

MSUlover

Nov 9, 2018
Visit site
I love the AirPods! One of the reasons I like them is because they aren’t completely noise cancelling. I like to be aware of my surroundings when I’m walking so they are perfect for me. My husband tried them and we immediately had to go to the Apple store to get him a pair. He is not one to buy the most current gadgets (ok, he’s old school for sure) but when he tried these he was hooked. We both do a lot of walking so,they are perfect for us. As for the price, yeah they are expensive. We can afford them so we got them.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I’ve been thinking of getting a pair of the 65t Elites. Do phone calls sound clear and crisp?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I love the AirPods! One of the reasons I like them is because they aren’t completely noise cancelling. I like to be aware of my surroundings when I’m walking so they are perfect for me. My husband tried them and we immediately had to go to the Apple store to get him a pair. He is not one to buy the most current gadgets (ok, he’s old school for sure) but when he tried these he was hooked. We both do a lot of walking so,they are perfect for us. As for the price, yeah they are expensive. We can afford them so we got them.

I’m definitely a fan of the AirPods, but without using Earhoox, they don’t stay in my ear that well. In addition, I tired of having to put on and remove the Earhoox so I’m seriously thinking about getting the Jabra 65t Elites. We’ll see.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I love the Jabras so much so I have the regular Elites for all day and the Elite Actives for the gym.

The mics work amazing and really do a great job of clearing up background sounds during conversations.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I love the Jabras so much so I have the regular Elites for all day and the Elite Actives for the gym.

The mics work amazing and really do a great job of clearing up background sounds during conversations.

That’s good to know, sir. Thank you!...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

You are right, sir. The 65t is quite impressive and I know I'm not going to have any problems with them staying in my ears while running. Right now, they're paired to my Watch, but I'll pair them to my MacBook Pro momentarily.

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Love my airpods. They fit my ears and stay in place during my walks and bike rides. I think what I like most about them is they don't completely seal in the ear so I can still hear some ambient sounds if the volume is low enough.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2