Pain in my ears...

AppleAddict73

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
I love my AirPods, however I've been getting some pain in my ears while wearing them. Anyone have this issue? Have you been able to remedy the issue? I'm considering buying foam covers for them, as I have read that this helps quite a bit. Anybody have any experience with this?

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
No I haven't had any pain BUT as I tend to wear them outside I have noticed that it's gotta be much louder so maybe that's something to consider.

Try setting a volume limit!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I love my AirPods, however I've been getting some pain in my ears while wearing them. Anyone have this issue? Have you been able to remedy the issue? I'm considering buying foam covers for them, as I have read that this helps quite a bit. Anybody have any experience with this?

Do you have pain when wearing other earbuds? I only ask because I have had a terrible time finding earbuds that didn't hurt my ears. The Powerbeats 2 and now these AirPods are the only ones that I can wear for an extended amount of time with zero pain.

Everyone's ears are different. I'd try the foam covers and see if that helps. Hopefully that doesn't effect the way they stay in your ears.

AppleAddict73

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
Do you have pain when wearing other earbuds? I only ask because I have had a terrible time finding earbuds that didn't hurt my ears. The Powerbeats 2 and now these AirPods are the only ones that I can wear for an extended amount of time with zero pain.

Everyone's ears are different. I'd try the foam covers and see if that helps. Hopefully that doesn't effect the way they stay in your ears.

No actually I haven't had any pain until these.

There is just a slight rubbing on my ear and after time it begins to get sore. I have tried some gel covers and it just seems to make it a bit worse, because it makes the buds a little bigger, but provides better hold and better sound.
They feel great in my ear, but after a while they just get sore. I'm gonna try the foam and see what happens, if that doesn't work, I will just suffer through it :)

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I used to experience pain as well when I used the earphones that came with my old 80GB iPod classic. I don't think there's really anything you can do about it. It's probably a matter of your ear canals being smaller - that was my situation. I ended up switching to a different pair/brand (Panasonic) earphones and stopped having that problem. You may not have that option, though, considering it's the AirPods you're having problems with. :-/

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
They do seem to fit a bit more snug than the EarPods so I feel a bit too. Just don't push them in as much. I did see someone order foam earbud covers from Amazon and use those.

AppleAddict73

Mar 18, 2017
Visit site
I've got some foam covers coming so hopefully that will do the trick. I live my AirPods to much, so if it doesn't do the trick, hopefully my ears will toughen up and get used to it. Thanks everyone

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I got foam covers as well, not for pain, but for better sound isolation. I don't use them often, but now and then I put on the foam to listen to some music. The ones I got were just foam ring so they are not like the standard foam covers. They work well and you can use the case with them on.