AirPod Skins

DrRobertino

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
I've been using my new AirPods for a few weeks now and I love them thus far with no issues other than they get loose in my ear after some time. They don't fall out but they feel loose and I find myself readjusting them frequently. Therefore I have just ordered a set of silicon skins to help with improving a tighter secure fit. I ordered from earhoox which claim to have been made specific to AirPods allowing full functionality and cutouts for all the sensors.
Has anyone one tried these or another brand? I will post a review once I receive them. Only setback I can see before even receiving them is that they need to be removed before returning the AirPods to their charging case. I'll let you know how annoying that becomes.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site
Yeah.. I can fully understand wanting a better fit. But an add-on that you need to take off every time you want to charge them? That seems like a huge hassle. Still, update the thread with your findings and if its worth the trade off.

MacsRule

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
EarSkinz are developing one that will not obstruct the AirPod sensors. Hopefully it will not need to be removed when the AirPods need to be charged.

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The EarPods have always fit in my ears great and even when cycling they stay in place. As with most things they will eventually need to be readjusted just because your ears move and I'd rather do that then have them not quickly fit into the AirPod charging case (when I get them).
Wonder if Apple will see this as a design opportunity and mole the case a little more case/skin friendly

DrRobertino

Jan 1, 2017
Visit site
So I received my covers and they do work well with all the correct cutouts for the AirPods. They fit snug, make them more comfortable and less likely to move about. They definitely don't fit in the case so having to remove them every time is a pain. Thus I think I will use the covers only when going to exercise or going to be on them for an extended period of time. Otherwise I'll use them naked Sliding the covers on/off is fairly easy but does take about a minute to get both on correctly.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that is a hassle but I guess I’ve been used to my LG headset and the silicone covered buds and these cause my ears to ache after a while so I’m in the market.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
So I received my covers and they do work well with all the correct cutouts for the AirPods. They fit snug, make them more comfortable and less likely to move about. They definitely don't fit in the case so having to remove them every time is a pain. Thus I think I will use the covers only when going to exercise or going to be on them for an extended period of time. Otherwise I'll use them naked Sliding the covers on/off is fairly easy but does take about a minute to get both on correctly.

This is the reason I opted to not get earhoox. I pop mine on and off a lot and it would drive me crazy to not be able to slide them into the case quickly. My EarPods have stayed out quite nicely on runs and workouts. I’ve been surprised. Yes, on occasion they do feel like they’re slipping out but when I check, they’re always fine.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
EarSkinz are developing one that will not obstruct the AirPod sensors. Hopefully it will not need to be removed when the AirPods need to be charged.

No they do have to be removed! Do earhoox obstruct? I thought they didn’t! But there’s so much more to getting them on and off and trying not to rip them maybe I can’t tell!