AirPods charging question

Namdnas78

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! Can't really find any info anywhere on this, so wanted to ask here. When I'm not using the AirPods, is it ALWAYS best to put them in the case and charge them up? I know I can just leave them out...but will casing them every time I'm done using them cause an "overcharge", wear the battery out in the AirPods or drain the battery of the case?

As in...will it keep trying to charge them, even if they are already at 100%. Also...the light on the inside of the charge case, what does that represent? The battery level of the case or the AirPods themselves?

Thanks!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
With the current overcharging technology implemented in most devices, it's safe to assume putting the AirPods back in the case will not lead to overcharging or any other malfunction.
Once the AirPods are fully charged, the case will simply stop charging them, thus holding its own charge till it's necessary to charge the AirPods.

The led light in the case represents the charge state of the case itself. Green is charged and orange is needs to be charged, as far as I know.