Otterbox Symmetry Series Case

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
How is this with third party audio/data cables?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums app

I've only tried it with the apple earbuds but my Square reader fits fine to give you an idea of how big it is. It's actually a rather big opening that should fit most headphone cables.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
How is the material at the bottom? Since it's not supported by the plastic do you foresee it getting loose and sagging at some point?

vn906c

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
How is the material at the bottom? Since it's not supported by the plastic do you foresee it getting loose and sagging at some point?

It's a solid rubber material. Not flimsy at all. Since the plastic wraps around the corners the rubber doesn't really support any weight of the phone so I don't foresee it sagging in the future.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

Not at all, been using mine for awhile now. It's solid rubber at the bottom and fits snug. Very well designed.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys! I've been intrigued by this case and might give one a go on my way home from work today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
ive also thought of checking this case out but i have so many cases as it is i dont really think i can justify another one

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
ive also thought of checking this case out but i have so many cases as it is i dont really think i can justify another one

I typically have a ton of cases as well but when I sold my iPhone back in December I got rid of them as I didn't think I'd be back. Since coming back a few months ago I only purchased 2. The Apple leather case has now broken around the headphone jack beneath the leather. I think I'll be taking advantage of my 25% discount at Verizon after work. I have a black 5 and I'm torn between the black version and blue. Though I'm not a huge fan of red, the Cardinal colored Verizon edition is nice as well!

Jeez, this post ended up being way longer than I intended it to be! Lol

Last edited:

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
i did the same thing when I sold my last 5S i didn't think id be back either I planned on staying android but I'm back and im acquiring cases again

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a lifeproof nuud, defender, 2 commuters, commuter wallet, apple leather case and a spigen hybrid

Last edited:

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I splurged and bought the Black/Cardinal Red at Verizon (and got a discount). This is definitely up there for my favorite case. It doesn't bubble my screen protector, provides good protection and isn't overly bulky. Whoever compared it to a Candyshell was spot on - only the back is textured and won't show scratches. Otterbox knocked it out of the park with this case!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I splurged and bought the Black/Cardinal Red at Verizon (and got a discount). This is definitely up there for my favorite case. It doesn't bubble my screen protector, provides good protection and isn't overly bulky. Whoever compared it to a Candyshell was spot on - only the back is textured and won't show scratches. Otterbox knocked it out of the park with this case!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

And the fact that the rubber at the bottom is pretty firm is the big feather in their cap for me! That's normally my biggest hangup about cases made with the cutouts in silicone or rubber! A1 job Otterbox crew!

richxps

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
So how well is this case holding up ? I'm buying a case and it's either this one , seidio surface or the apple black leather case. Any recommendations ?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77