Still deciding if I'll use one. I never used to use them on my iPhones in the past, I just used a case to cover the back bad then a slip case for when it's in my bag/not being used to protect the screen. That has worked well for me and I've never had any marks or scratches. When I started using android phones I started using screen protectors. I dropped my phones a few times, because they were too big for my hands and the screen protectors stopped my screens from getting damaged. So now my 5S feels naked and vulnerable. However at the same time I was using the android phones I was using an iPod touch with no screen protector and the same cases I'd use with my iPhones and it didn't get any scratches.

Sent from my gold iPhone 5S
    01-10-2014 03:03 AM
    I just put a Body Guardz privacy protector on my 5S.
    I had one on my 3S back in the day and missed the matte feel of it.
    The application is super easy and zero bubbles.
    Some may not like the slight grain it adds to the screen but it makes side viewing of text illegible.
    zerog46 likes this.
    01-13-2014 05:54 PM
    PerfectFit recently began offering glass screen protectors that have a colored, reflective tint when the screen is off. I use a clear one now, but I may have to invest in the sapphire one soon. If anyone is interested in buying, the promo code "TIP20" used to (and may still) give a 15% discount.

Gold shown below...

Attachment 45431
    That's a really cool screen protector!
    01-13-2014 08:06 PM
    hye im from malaysia....can is this glass screen protector look suite with black colour?
    02-20-2014 06:56 PM
    If you don't mind hairline scratches that will happen don't use one. If the smallest of imperfection bothers you then get one.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
    iRiidium likes this.
    02-20-2014 11:30 PM
    Honestly I'd have told you they are always worth it. That was until I got a phone with Gorilla Glass version 3 (Might be that and the type of OLED). Any protector on this type of glass and screen (Full HD super AMOLED) seems to cause an odd discoloration of the hues. I must of purchased about 15 different protectors. I have never found myself more frustrated with screen protectors.

Instead my Note 3 is in a wallet case. So I just keep the flap shut when I'm not using it. No scratches or damage as of yet.

My 5s and 5c however, they both have a clear protector on them. It seems there is no effect with these phones. I'm pretty sure they've got Gorilla Glass too but I'm not sure what version. Even with the Retina display there are zero issues. I'd definitely recommend a screen protector.
    Oliver Telfor likes this.
    02-21-2014 06:59 AM
    I'd say screen protectors are worth it and honestly I forget that I have one on my iPhone until I actually pay attention to it.
    02-21-2014 08:07 AM
    Is there anyone making a glass screen protector for the lifeproof nuud case?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    02-21-2014 08:07 AM
    Is there anyone making a glass screen protector for the lifeproof nuud case?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    The issue with the Nudd case in my opinion would be the glass would be too think for the seal and may be an issue with closing it. But as far as one for the inside I think the only people who would make that type would be LP.
    02-21-2014 10:29 AM
    I use Zagg Invisible Shield (full body), no sense in messing up the GOLD...SMILE. Of course its not like the feel of real glass, but I've been using screen protectors for such a long time, I can barely tell the difference, but I can with the cheap ones. I guess you get what you pay for. My suggestion is to get a quality screen protector, you can't go wrong.
    Update; I now use the Zagg GLASS for front screen protection and kept the Zagg HD on the back of my 5s
    02-21-2014 10:46 AM
    Update; I now use the Zagg GLASS for front screen protection and kept the Zagg HD on the back of my 5s
    How is it? I'm thinking about getting it but I'm hesitating on the price tag.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums app
    02-22-2014 01:02 AM
    if u don't like or not want to use case on iphone than you have to put screen protector on both side safe from scratch on ur gorgeous iPhone.
    02-22-2014 01:16 AM
    I cannot enjoy my phones and tablets without screen protectors. I need to know there's a good chance of keeping them in new "pure" condition.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32
    02-22-2014 01:53 AM
    How is it? I'm thinking about getting it but I'm hesitating on the price tag.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using iMore Forums app
    IMHO, the Zagg GLASS is MUCH better than the Zagg Invisible HD. The price tag is worth it
    02-22-2014 07:32 AM
    IMHO, the Zagg GLASS is MUCH better than the Zagg Invisible HD. The price tag is worth it
    To me there's no comparison between tempered glass and the Zagg ISHD. ISHD is nice but glass is much much nicer. I'm prolly going upgrade the ISHD on my Air and rMini to zNitro glass.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 
    02-22-2014 07:46 AM
    I used to always get ZAGG screen protectors for my new devices all the time. It does it's job and protects your screen. In that case, yes it is worth it. This time around, I haven't really gotten one and the reason eludes me.

Still when I get the iPhone 6, I will definitely put a glass protector.

Then again, my iPhone 5, is still looking good as new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-27-2014 01:45 AM
    Spigen shields are much higher quality than Zaggs shields. Very worth it if u ask me.

Last edited by RicanMedic78; 05-27-2014 at 01:54 AM. Reason: mispelling
    05-27-2014 01:53 AM
    I have never used a case or screen protector. iPhones are made with lot of attention and care. No point trying to cover the wonderful design or to put screen protector. I don't see any issues without them.
    05-27-2014 05:22 AM
    I've never used a screen protector. So far no scratches.
    05-27-2014 08:14 AM
    Same here, have used cases, but never used a screen protector.
    05-27-2014 08:26 AM
    I've used both cases and screen protectors but I always end up ceaseless. Still have my screen protector on though!

05-27-2014 11:00 AM
    Zagg glass screen protectors are the best around and have them for all three of my iPhones. You can't even tell they are on there so why not.
    05-27-2014 09:41 PM
    I have never used a case or screen protector. iPhones are made with lot of attention and care. No point trying to cover the wonderful design or to put screen protector. I don't see any issues without them.
    What happens if you drop it though?

I used to hate the idea of a screen protector - then I smashed my phone and all of a sudden I loved the idea of a screen protector.

Even if you are careful don't you worry that you might drop it or get it damaged?
    05-28-2014 05:53 AM
    I'm not completely convinced that screen protectors are worth it. My wife, who is pretty rough with her mobile devices, doesn't have a screen protector, just a case and her screen looks pretty good after having the phone for 6 months. I have seen her throw her phone into her purse, drop it numerous times, I have found it in between car seats and under the sofa. Even outside in the back yard. And the screen still looks good.

Sent from my iPad Air using iMore Forums
    08-01-2014 11:03 AM
    I'm a fan of screen protectors. Last week I got a replacement phone so I've gone a week without one. I absolutely loved the way the screen felt but I was nervous so I picked up a Zagg Glass and I love it!

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums
    08-01-2014 03:28 PM
81 1234