Are screen protectors actually worth it?

dev4ios

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't really understand how someone could doubt the utility protectors. I mean, when you look at someone's phone usually it's full of scratches but they're all on the screen protector. You just need to remove it too see how useful it really is...

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't really understand how someone could doubt the utility protectors. I mean, when you look at someone's phone usually it's full of scratches but they're all on the screen protector. You just need to remove it too see how useful it really is...

Not mine. I have always bought them but never keep them. I keep thinking that the screen protectors would get better. But I seem to always find something that I don't like about them and I have to take them off. I can't remember the last time I got a scratch on my screen though.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

PDADoctor

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
It's worth it for me. Not so much from an actual protection standpoint as from a glare-reduction one. I really hate not being able to see the screen in brightly lit rooms or outdoors, so I use the Invisible Shield to cut the glare down, and it works for me without reducing the resolution quality. I don't care what they say about the durability of the glass, it also helps keep scratches off. Everyone is different, though.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
PerfectFit recently began offering glass screen protectors that have a colored, reflective tint when the screen is off. I use a clear one now, but I may have to invest in the sapphire one soon. If anyone is interested in buying, the promo code "TIP20" used to (and may still) give a 15% discount.

Gold shown below...

View attachment 45431

I just checked this out and it looks GREAT, it goes on my wish list...SMILE

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
How is the anti-glare on that screen protector? It looks interesting, but if it doesn't block glare, it's not much use to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not sure, I just went to the website and it doesn't mention anything about blocking glare, but it looks KOOL...SMILE

Eli4S

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
If you have the extra cash and really want a screen protector then go for it. I've had plenty before and eventually they get dirty and smudgey from time to time and don't feel like like the premium glass. That being said I don't use them anymore. Never scratched them from average use and I must say the glass feels amazing to the touch. Also, you then don't have to worry about sacrificing any resolution on your device as I know some protestors can alter that. Another thing if you have a white device, then zagg and similar screen protectors will change color and get dirty rather quickly.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Not mine. I have always bought them but never keep them. I keep thinking that the screen protectors would get better. But I seem to always find something that I don't like about them and I have to take them off. I can't remember the last time I got a scratch on my screen though.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Try having each one of your ears pierced four times. I've had the current SP on my phone for about a month now and it's already showing scratches. I bought an extra so when it gets to the point I can't stand it anymore, I'll take it off and put the new one on.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I use a Zagg SP and have since I owned my first iPhone. I buy my phones from the Apple store where there is a Zagg Kiosk and I always get the smudgeproof one. It is great and works as advertised. The material it is made of sort of heals itself so to speak with minor scraches and i use a Microfiber to wipe it. I love it and would not be without it. Lifetime warranty.

shanghaichica

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Still deciding if I'll use one. I never used to use them on my iPhones in the past, I just used a case to cover the back bad then a slip case for when it's in my bag/not being used to protect the screen. That has worked well for me and I've never had any marks or scratches. When I started using android phones I started using screen protectors. I dropped my phones a few times, because they were too big for my hands and the screen protectors stopped my screens from getting damaged. So now my 5S feels naked and vulnerable. However at the same time I was using the android phones I was using an iPod touch with no screen protector and the same cases I'd use with my iPhones and it didn't get any scratches.

Sent from my gold iPhone 5S

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just put a Body Guardz privacy protector on my 5S.
I had one on my 3S back in the day and missed the matte feel of it.
The application is super easy and zero bubbles.
Some may not like the slight grain it adds to the screen but it makes side viewing of text illegible.

I BEN I

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
If you don't mind hairline scratches that will happen don't use one. If the smallest of imperfection bothers you then get one.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Honestly I'd have told you they are always worth it. That was until I got a phone with Gorilla Glass version 3 (Might be that and the type of OLED). Any protector on this type of glass and screen (Full HD super AMOLED) seems to cause an odd discoloration of the hues. I must of purchased about 15 different protectors. I have never found myself more frustrated with screen protectors.

Instead my Note 3 is in a wallet case. So I just keep the flap shut when I'm not using it. No scratches or damage as of yet.

My 5s and 5c however, they both have a clear protector on them. It seems there is no effect with these phones. I'm pretty sure they've got Gorilla Glass too but I'm not sure what version. Even with the Retina display there are zero issues. I'd definitely recommend a screen protector.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd say screen protectors are worth it and honestly I forget that I have one on my iPhone until I actually pay attention to it.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyone making a glass screen protector for the lifeproof nuud case?

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

The issue with the Nudd case in my opinion would be the glass would be too think for the seal and may be an issue with closing it. But as far as one for the inside I think the only people who would make that type would be LP.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I use Zagg Invisible Shield (full body), no sense in messing up the GOLD...SMILE. Of course its not like the feel of real glass, but I've been using screen protectors for such a long time, I can barely tell the difference, but I can with the cheap ones. I guess you get what you pay for. My suggestion is to get a quality screen protector, you can't go wrong.

Update; I now use the Zagg GLASS for front screen protection and kept the Zagg HD on the back of my 5s

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2