or Otterbox?

and why?

Some pros and cons would also be nice :rolleyes:

Slammed using my GT P6200 soon, to be Iphone 5 xD

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Help me in choosing the right case

I bought two cases for my iPhone 5. I bought the Otterbox Commuter and the Speck candyshell. As far as protection, the Otterbox is probably the better choice. But it is a little bulkier, and not as attractive. Although I do like the cutout on the back for the Apple logo. At first, I liked that the headphone jack and charging port were covered to keep dust and other things from entering the phone, but then it just became a pain having to uncover those areas every time I wanted to charge my phone or put headphones in.

The Speck case is awesome. It looks really good and keeps the slim profile of the phone. The fit is a lot better than the Otterbox. And it is a one piece design which I like. The one thing that I don't like about it is that the case scratches easily. The Otterbox didn't. You may want to get a white one if you can so it won't show the wear and tear as much. The power and volume buttons are easier to use as well with the Speck case.

I haven't used a Belkin case in my iPhone 5, but I did with my 4S and I didn't like it at all. The fit was poor and the case got really dirty very quickly. It was a total waste of money.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

justvalencia

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Re: Help me in choosing the right case

I have a question about your question... Are you set on those cases? Or would you also consider others?

those are the onky set, since those are the only case available
in our local store.

I bought two cases for my iPhone 5. I bought the Otterbox Commuter and the Speck candyshell. As far as protection, the Otterbox is probably the better choice. But it is a little bulkier, and not as attractive. Although I do like the cutout on the back for the Apple logo. At first, I liked that the headphone jack and charging port were covered to keep dust and other things from entering the phone, but then it just became a pain having to uncover those areas every time I wanted to charge my phone or put headphones in.

The Speck case is awesome. It looks really good and keeps the slim profile of the phone. The fit is a lot better than the Otterbox. And it is a one piece design which I like. The one thing that I don't like about it is that the case scratches easily. The Otterbox didn't. You may want to get a white one if you can so it won't show the wear and tear as much. The power and volume buttons are easier to use as well with the Speck case.

I haven't used a Belkin case in my iPhone 5, but I did with my 4S and I didn't like it at all. The fit was poor and the case got really dirty very quickly. It was a total waste of money.

Thank you for the advice. I was thinking of getting speck, but i was worried of how it will protect my device from minor drop, While otterbox is to thick that i don't like it anymore

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Slammed using my GT P6200 soon, to be Iphone 5 xD

mpgo4th

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help me in choosing the right case

I went with the otterbox defender case. I used a commuter with my 4s but I suck at putting on screen protectors. The defender case is very well made and fits perfectly with a built in protector. Yes its a little bulky but I'm convinced the phone is safe from any drops or normal abuse.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Help me in choosing the right case

I went with the otterbox defender case. I used a commuter with my 4s but I suck at putting on screen protectors. The defender case is very well made and fits perfectly with a built in protector. Yes its a little bulky but I'm convinced the phone is safe from any drops or normal abuse.

How is the screen protector on the Defender case in regards to screen performance? I was interested in the case but I don't want the screen quality or performance to be compromised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77