[REVIEW] Mujjo Full Leather Case for iPhone XS Max

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Can New Be Better?
I've already reviewed Mujjo's full leather card cases for iPhones X and XS Max, however, now I have a regular full leather case. This case has been given a brand new coat of paint. Let me tell you, the new Moroccan Blue is stunning. It's really hard to not stare at this case all day. It's nice shade of deep blue without going into indigo or being too bright which is a pretty difficult shade of blue to obtain and I'm happy to see that Mujjo nailed it for this case. As for the case itself, it's a standard leather case. You have a wide open bottom, leather buttons on the side, a camera cutout, and a mute switch cutout. I've had some time with this case and I'm still amazed at how tactile Mujjo is able to make the leather buttons. They aren't mushy or stiff, just very easy to press with a nice click. Mujjo still makes one of the nicest mute switch cutouts as well. It's both wide and tapered which makes it incredibly easy to access your mute switch. The camera cutout is ever so slightly off-center, but I'm just a stickler for centered cutouts. It's fine and won't cause any issues with your photos. The inside of the case has a nice microfiber/felt interior as you would expect, and it is the same beautiful shade of blue as the rest of the case. As for the back, that's where you'll find the only branding, which is just Mujjo embossed at the bottom. Here's where Mujjo really gets me, the feel of the case. The leather they use is very soft and comfortable. There is no slickness to the leather at all and it's very comfortable right out of the box. This is why Mujjo remains at the top of my list for leather cases.

DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0005.JPG

The Good
  • Beautiful
  • Comfortable
  • Great usability

The Bad
  • Camera cutout ever so slightly off center
  • Open bottom may not be everyone
  • Some people may not like the leather buttons

Conclusion
If you're looking for a great leather case and you're thinking about buying Apple's OEM case, I say nay. Spend that money on a Mujjo. In my opinion, Mujjo has better leather and the fit is just as good. Sure, you'll lose out on the aluminum buttons, however, the leather buttons are just as tactile on Mujjo's case. I would say that the mute switch is easier to access on the Mujjo full leather case than it is to access on Apple's OEM case. And let's not forget this beautiful Moroccan Blue leather. Check out the Moroccan Blue full leather case on Mujjo's site here.

Last edited:

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I’m definitely a fan of Mujjo’s leather cases (I had an olive green one for my old X). I haven’t picked up any for my XS Max yet. However, I’ve got this blue one, as well as the olive green one on my radar. The open bottom/leather buttons aren’t a drawback for me, and I really like the feel of the leather on these cases.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I’m definitely a fan of Mujjo’s leather cases (I had an olive green one for my old X). I haven’t picked up any for my XS Max yet. However, I’ve got this blue one, as well as the olive green one on my radar. The open bottom/leather buttons aren’t a drawback for me, and I really like the feel of the leather on these cases.

I agree, this case has been on my phone since I got it a few weeks ago.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
So you don’t have this problem below, I did with Sena and have been holding off on the Mujjo?

https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...-xs-max-merged.2137318/page-178#post-26913210

Nope, never had that issue with a Mujjo. I have a small dip on the power button side, but that could easily be from something else. I keep my phone in a vest pocket, down by my waist, and I work off ladders a lot and crawl around on floors and such for work, and I’ve dropped it once. Except for that one part, which is likely my own doing, there’s a uniform lip around the whole case.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Nope, never had that issue with a Mujjo. I have a small dip on the power button side, but that could easily be from something else. I keep my phone in a vest pocket, down by my waist, and I work off ladders a lot and crawl around on floors and such for work, and I’ve dropped it once. Except for that one part, which is likely my own doing, there’s a uniform lip around the whole case.

Sweet, might get a black one, getting sick of holding plastic/rubber cases.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Great review!!!

I love my Mujjo sleeve for the XS & get tons of compliments on it. Still haven’t tried the case, since I’m enjoying my phone naked. I’m also unsure about the leather buttons. I hated when apple had leather buttons, even though I love their cases. I wish they would make the sleeve in olive...I’d definitely get that!

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Picked up one for a IP8 in Black.

Good
Feels great to hold not slippery, fits firm.

Bad
Doesn't smell like leather, has a chemical smell even after a day.
Buttons stiff may get better
Lip tapers to all most nothing on bottom sides

Was $42AUD v Apples $75.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Picked up one for a IP8 in Black.

Good
Feels great to hold not slippery, fits firm.

Bad
Doesn't smell like leather, has a chemical smell even after a day.
Buttons stiff may get better
Lip tapers to all most nothing on bottom sides

Was $42AUD v Apples $75.

Any chance you could snap a photo of that? Maybe I’ve been lucky, but I’ve never gotten a Mujjo case that did that. The buttons on mine are tactile as well. I’m just curious, maybe you got a bad one. The price is also curious because from Mujjo’s site it’s barely cheaper than the Apple OEM case in USD.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Any chance you could snap a photo of that? Maybe I’ve been lucky, but I’ve never gotten a Mujjo case that did that. The buttons on mine are tactile as well. I’m just curious, maybe you got a bad one. The price is also curious because from Mujjo’s site it’s barely cheaper than the Apple OEM case in USD.

Got it on amazon here so was $10 cheaper than Apples and i had a $22 promotion credit. I think the buttons will loosen up, it's a great fit leather case and doesn't flare out like the Apple can on the bottom.

edit, went on chat and they gave a refund and said to keep it.

+TM5ZRRwQl+Jg8z+20%4fg.jpg

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Got it on amazon here so was $10 cheaper than Apples and i had a $22 promotion credit. I think the buttons will loosen up, it's a great fit leather case and doesn't flare out like the Apple can on the bottom.

edit, went on chat and they gave a refund and said to keep it.

View attachment 125435

Wow, that’s crazy. Mine definitely doesn’t dip down like that. Mujjo seems like they have good customer service, I’m glad to hear they gave you the case for free.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Here’s a quick photo of the bottom edge of mine, you can see it still has a lip.

0711b0f174326023e7ae39f701d42906.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro