OtterBox Armor Series

iBradA5

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Has there been anymore news on this case or does anyone happen to know anything? It was originally announced in the Summer and videos along with specifications were released. They were later pulled with the announcement along the lines of "will be improved." Just curious as to if this case will ever see the light of day.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Has there been anymore news on this case or does anyone happen to know anything? It was originally announced in the Summer and videos along with specifications were released. They were later pulled with the announcement along the lines of "will be improved." Just curious as to if this case will ever see the light of day.

Nothing yet. I actually contacted Otterbox via Twitter and they just said "It's coming". We will see.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Nothing yet. I actually contacted Otterbox via Twitter and they just said "It's coming". We will see.

That's their standard answer for "We don't have a clue when it'll be released." Every time OB posts something to Facebook, a dozen people ask about the Armour series and it's always the same, "We'll let you know when we know!" I'm not entirely sure why it's taking so long. How much testing can one company do on a phone case?

Throw it in the toilet. Phone okay? Check!
Give phone to 4 year old who eats it. Phone okay? Check!
Run over phone. Phone okay? Check!

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
This thing was supposed to be out 24 June. It was gonna be a late birthday gift to myself but alas, it's still not available.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Oh bummer....

I know that otterboxes in general have their drop issues, but I was thinking of getting this more for the dust/water protection. I really dont want a Lifeproof and this case was really easy to take on and off. The call clarity wasn't too bad, at least in my opinion, but that was the first time I'd ever talked on phone in a case like that. My wife was at the other end of the store on her phone while I called her from my 4s inside the Armor case.

BTW John, did you get any kind of replacement from Otterbox for the shattered phone? i'm betting not.

Anywayz, this seems like a better case than the Lifeproof.

One question, is the screen protector glass or plastic? I dont recall. I did like the responsiveness of the screen though, and there wasn't that gap or space between the screen and the phone's screen.

It was a bit bulkier than the lifeproof case, and it added significant weight, but I can live with that seeing how easy it is to take the phone in and out.

Kristopher_Ri

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I shattered a 4S inside one of these already.... It was a 4' drop

Oh wow really? That's crazy because it's supposed to protect it from that. Granted there is always a chance it still could break, but for it to break from a 4' drop is pretty sad.

It looked like such a promising case, but after hearing this I am not sure now as well it's would cost me 99.00 which I really do not feel like spending on such a Bulky case!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
takectrl