Hey folks, I'm finally crossing over to the dark side, and abandoning my archaic blackberry. I spent some time today looking at all kinds of iPhone cases and I just can't seem to find the right one for me. I bet this question gets hammered to death repeatedly so I apologize in advance.

I'm looking for a slick, minimal case with slight bumper protectors for the screen. Preferably metal or some other hard material that provides minimal-medium protection. I cannot stand silicone, or any "rubbery" or matte feel whatsoever so a lot of cases like case mates barely there are out. I like the concept of the otter box commuter but I hate that type of surface that's on the back. I want something harder and preferably metal that isn't bulky but I don't want the ridiculously thin cases that just cover the back and sides of the phone with no screen bumper either. So far i got the case crown lux to tide me over but i have a feeling im going to hate the feel of that case. Im looking for something close to it though. Any suggestions?
    09-14-2012 08:56 PM
    I'm going to check out VZW this weekend. I got this bumper in the meantime. Attachment 18801

Sent from my iP4S using Tapatalk
    09-14-2012 10:10 PM
    Barely There is my favorite one. I have been using this for my 4S.
    09-14-2012 11:08 PM
    Lets not jump the gun with the Otterbox Defenders. Remember the new Otterbox is coming out? I'm sure they'll have it for the iPhone 5. *nods*
    09-14-2012 11:27 PM
    I'm going to check out VZW this weekend. I got this bumper in the meantime. Attachment 18801

Where'd you get the bumper from?
    09-14-2012 11:48 PM
    I want another Element Case for my phone. Currently, they only have one design/case for it and I am not a fan of it so dont know what I will do in the mean time. Maybe just a bumper or just a screen protector for now.
    09-14-2012 11:48 PM
    09-15-2012 12:59 AM
    I bought the AppleCare plus warranty and I am seriously considering dropping the bulky protective cases now.

What might be a good middle ground? I was looking at the lesser Commuter case or so, I just want something with maybe a belt clip, but that makes it a little protective but VERY nice. This'll be the prettiest iPhone ever, I don't want to hide that.
    09-15-2012 01:15 AM
    The iPhone 5 has arrived, but consumers might not rush out to snap up Apple's latest smartphone if they're still under contract with their current device
    09-15-2012 01:28 AM
    The iPhone 5 has arrived, but consumers might not rush out to snap up Apple's latest smartphone if they're still under contract with their current device
    Ummm, Apple sold out of pre-order within the first hour last night... no one is rushing out to snap it up... really?

Apple is "completely blown away" by the pre-order demand
    iClarified - Apple News - Apple Says It's Been 'Completely Blown Away' By iPhone 5 Pre-orders
    tuffy100 likes this.
    09-15-2012 01:46 AM
    Then new element sector aluminum case looks promising and also the new lifeproof case.
    09-15-2012 02:05 AM
    Was waiting for Amazon to get the Otterbox commuter in stock (got to love free two day shipping with Amazon Prime). Love the commuter on my work 3GS and my 4S right now. It's now in stock at Amazon and shipping next week.
    09-15-2012 02:23 AM

Where'd you get this bumper from.
    09-15-2012 08:08 AM
    09-15-2012 08:45 AM
    Thx for linking it. I should have. ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    09-15-2012 08:58 AM
    Just orders that bumper. Thanks.
    09-15-2012 10:13 AM
    I haven't seen anyone recommend this, but I love Speck cases. Specifically, their Candyshell case. That is all I have been using on my 4S, with no screen protector. This is the one I use. And I will definitely get one for the iPhone 5.

iPhone 4S Cases & Covers | Speck Products
    09-15-2012 01:06 PM
    I think we may see a resurgence of the bumper case with the iP5. Now that the back isn't completely glass and the aluminum looking so damn sweet who wants to cover that up? But some corner / side drop protection could be kinda necessary - at least for clumsy folks like me. So maybe a nicely designed bumper and a quality screen protector?

Right now that Photive bumper on Amazon is the only one I can find.
    09-15-2012 01:23 PM
    I think we may see a resurgence of the bumper case with the iP5. Now that the back isn't completely glass and the aluminum looking so damn sweet who wants to cover that up? But some corner / side drop protection could be kinda necessary - at least for clumsy folks like me. So maybe a nicely designed bumper and a quality screen protector?

Right now that Photive bumper on Amazon is the only one I can find.
    This is what I'm thinking.....or a clear case
    09-15-2012 02:32 PM
    I signed up on Lifeproofs website to receive an email as soon as they have iPhone 5 cases available. I like the fact that they are less bulky than Otterbox cases and offer the same if not better protection.
    09-15-2012 02:41 PM
    Thx for linking it. I should have. ...
    Amazon.com: Photive Hybrid iPhone 5 Bumper Case - Black. Designed for The New iPhone 5: Cell Phones & Accessories

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Just ordered the same bumper . . hope it fits nicely!
    09-15-2012 04:48 PM
    I just browsed for a bumper case and found this awesome one from Amazon:
    Photive Hybrid iPhone 5 Bumper Case - Black. Designed for The New iPhone 5
    Amazon.com: Photive Hybrid iPhone 5 Bumper Case - Black. Designed for The New iPhone 5: Cell Phones & Accessories

It's $9.95 with free shipping and says it should arrive by the time my iPhone does.
    Cheap and good until better cases come out.

I know this one is supposed to be stronger, but I'm still worried!
    09-15-2012 05:04 PM
    I bought that bumper as well.
    09-15-2012 05:20 PM
    I haven't seen anyone recommend this, but I love Speck cases. Specifically, their Candyshell case. That is all I have been using on my 4S, with no screen protector. This is the one I use. And I will definitely get one for the iPhone 5.

iPhone 4S Cases & Covers | Speck Products
    I agree. I just preordered the iphone5 and intend to trade my 4S in so at worst the new phone will not cost me anything since the 4s is in perfect condition.

However, just this morning, while on the elliptical at my gym, the 4s fell down to the floor😱 with no damage thanks to the and ghost armor😃👍

I had better be more careful in the next few weeks as I was shut out of the first delivery of the preorders. LOL.

The only negative of the speck is that I have to remove the case to attach certain cables such as the HDMI accessory.
    Last edited by ekneeiphone; 09-15-2012 at 05:52 PM.
    09-15-2012 05:50 PM
    Just bought the bumper as well....
    09-15-2012 05:51 PM
680 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD