Is anyone using the UNIVERSAL Otterbox Defender 4 on a 4s?

PinkRoze

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I am really buying the Otterbox Pink& White(for iPhone 4) for my white iPhone 4s but I have read that there are issues with the proximity sensor? Does that also apply to the UNIVERSAL version of the item?

Thanks!

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
I am really buying the Otterbox Pink& White(for iPhone 4) for my white iPhone 4s but I have read that there are issues with the proximity sensor? Does that also apply to the UNIVERSAL version of the item?

Thanks!

The Universal Otterbox defender is supposed to work for both ATT and Verizon iPhone 4. On the Verizon iPhone 4/4S, Sprint iPhone 4/4S, and the ATT iPhone 4S, the mute button is moved down. The Universal Otterbox defender FITS all iphone 4/4S models.

I briefly used it with my iPhone 4S and had no issues. The proximity sensor was fine. I didn't notice
the auto brightness but honestly I didn't test it. I ended up giving it to a friend with an iPhone 4.

I have an Otterbox Defender for the 4S and Otterbox Commuter currently.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
So you did not have issues when you were calling someone? ( pressing buttons, speaker, mute) ?

None that I could recall. I gave it to a friend because another friend gave me their Otterbox Defender for the 4S. He didn't like it as it was too bulky.

derk

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
You're welcome. The Original Otterbox Defender for iPhone 4 I ordered from Amazon.

Incidently, Otterbox has EXCELLENT customer service. I called them under warrany in November when my original Ottterbox defender shell had a small tear on the screen protector. They sent me a WHOLE new one as a replacement which turned out to be the Universal Otterbox defender!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711