4S: to case or not to case?

7starmarc

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Minimal case for me. I looked at Case Mate Barely There (had those on my EVO 4G and EVO 3D), then Incipio (have one of theirs on my Nexus S 4G), but I picked a JustCase Mettlica case from Amazon. I hope it's as good as it looks on the screen.:cool:

JohnnyCarson

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Even though I like my iPhone without any protections, I will use a case, because it helps me protect my phone in perfect condition so I can resell it later if I want to do an early upgrade.

Stevzlux

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
gucci pouch

i would prefer my phone naked but i need some sort of protection when I'm not using it, so i ordered a gucci iPhone case.

ccsuwxman

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Did not use a case for my 3GS. And I know that my new 4S is really a looker. BUT...after nearly dropping the new phone twice in just one day, I got myself back to the AT&T store and got an Otter Box Commuter case (with a coupon for 30% off). Also added a clear screen protector. Phone still looks great, and I feel a lot more secure. And the Commuter is not nearly as bulky as some other Otter Boxes I've seen.

Also, I declined Apple Care+ when it was offered to me yesterday. Just didn't think it was worth it, with all the "not covered" clauses.

dvlsfan30

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
i got the white incase pro slider with the black rubber around the sides. looks awesome and protects my phone. i dont have much money so i would want something to soften the blow just incase lol and a screen protector

Kylazin

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Went with a Seidio case like I always do for my phones. They may take away some of the "natural" beauty of the phone, but they aren't bad to look at themselves, they are good protection, and they sell a dock I can use with the case on. Those are pretty big positives for me.

blakeberry

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Otterbox Commuter Case. I remove at home from time to time. Just seen my 17 year old break iphone and ipod touch screens when he stops using the cases after a few days. Then the phone that was once a thing of beauty isn't so nice any more.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I got a case at the store when I got the phone. Speck Pixeskin HD. Just wanted some projection in case I dropped it, but i'm going to order the Seido rugged Case from the TiPB store next week. Later, I'm getting that case that has the external battery. Yep. Definitely keeping it cased to protect it.

nate0708

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Griffen Reveal Frame. I was the same way. One reason I went with the iphone because its so damn sexy lol. It barely adds anything to the phone but adds a little bit of grip and keeps the screen and back of the phone from touching down if you lay it down on something. Just don't drop it lol.

HellKatzX

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
My friend doesn't use a case and he's gone through about 5 backs because if you drop these phones they crack very easily. I've always had a case and I have never had to fix a cracked screen or back, so in my opinion it's worth it to get a light case.

so.long.pre

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Great post! I found myself going through the same dilemma. I Preordered so I had a lot of time to look online for cases and reviews of cases, I even got one from case mate that arrived before the phone!
But when I finally saw the phone and held it (my first time ever), the first thing that came to mind was "damn this is one sexy phone!" it would be a shame to put a case on it. So I went to radio shack and picked up a nice holster by body glove and I am rocking my IP4s au natural. I'm sure my investment in AppleCare also helped me come to this decision.

mookster

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Seidio combo case is on the way for me. My last phone was a Droid Incredible and I had an Otterbox for it but didn't like it at all. Saw good things for the combo, got it and loved it. If they didn't make one for the iP4S, I really would've thought hard about not getting it. Seidio combo is just a great case IMO.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2