Cases for iPhone 4S

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
:eek: omg, could you imagine if i worked there LOL !! I'd be giving out cases and discounts to you guys here like they were going out of style lmao !! And oh man....i'd be in candyshell heaven having EVERY single speck case for my iphone !! I'd be one happy chickie indeed:D

well, my cotton dandy blue didnt come today BOO !! but i also did add on the Year of the Dragon one(golden dragon) as well. I just couldnt pass that one up either:) So, hopefully tomorrow i'll see one or both of them because they both shipped:D YaY !!

(i know, i must be off my rocker:p)

Pink I actually found the cotton dandy blue on eBay for $23! Lightning fast shipping. Got it next day! I love it and it looks great on the white iPhone. BUT I was shocked at first glance lol. The pink is FLOURESENT for sure lol. I like it. Reminds me of summer for some reason. Next I'm waiting on the light yellow/blue one. Going to order if I can just find it a lil cheaper. Hate paying full price for cases.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pink I actually found the cotton dandy blue on eBay for $23! Lightning fast shipping. Got it next day! I love it and it looks great on the white iPhone. BUT I was shocked at first glance lol. The pink is FLOURESENT for sure lol. I like it. Reminds me of summer for some reason. Next I'm waiting on the light yellow/blue one. Going to order if I can just find it a lil cheaper. Hate paying full price for cases.

hey Hunoosh:) you are absolutely right about the neon pink on the cotton dandy cs indeed !! I was surprised - i was actually expecting the pink to be more of a cotton colored pink lol. I did try it on my 4S & still not sure if i'm crazy about the neon of it. Also, if anyone here has the dark heart mahogany, the pink is also the same neon, just about. I've actually been debating on whether i want to keep it as well - i do LOVE the brown on it.

In the meantime, i also rec'd the cherry blossom pink and year of the dragon shells the other day as well. The cherry blossom is definately soft pink colors & the flowers on the back are baby pink colored. The golden dragon one, the yellow is the color of a VW bug - bright but not neon..........and i'm absolutely digging the bubble gum flip shell indeed (thx again LVMH)!! :D I did put on the cherry blossom yesterday, but i may go back to the flip today:)

idk, so manys shells so little time:p:D lol

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my friend a yellow and peacock candyshell and it just showed up. SUCH a great yellow! I hope she loves it!

I got myself the black/peacock as a backup.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I ordered my friend a yellow and peacock candyshell and it just showed up. SUCH a great yellow! I hope she loves it!

I got myself the black/peacock as a backup.

:)i agree Ame, the yellow shell is such a cute color - its one of my faves as well. I'm sure your friend will LOVE it too;):)

I'm acutally looking to get the black shell/turquoise flip for myself as well - the color combo looks great - i bet it look real sharp on the black iphone even more:) i'm gonna be on the out and about today - i'm sure i'll come across an AT&T store that has it that i can pick it up instead of online ordering it.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't raelly like having color on the front around the screen but I dig this combo enough that I can deal with it for a while.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The speck satin is in a few more colors finally. None that I want...but it'sa start!

i saw those too, Ame....now is it just me or does the aubergine/cobalt and royal purple/peacock look identical when you click on the thumbnail to get a larger view ??? :confused:

i'd like to try one of the colors out, but at the same time, i'm really hoping they'll add one of the purps to the flip series. I'm totally enjoying the bubblegum one i have. I still change my case often, but i keep going back to the flippie one:)
theres just something about it that i'm 'flippin' out about:p:D lol

hunoosh

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
i saw those too, Ame....now is it just me or does the aubergine/cobalt and royal purple/peacock look identical when you click on the thumbnail to get a larger view ??? :confused:

i'd like to try one of the colors out, but at the same time, i'm really hoping they'll add one of the purps to the flip series. I'm totally enjoying the bubblegum one i have. I still change my case often, but i keep going back to the flippie one:)
theres just something about it that i'm 'flippin' out about:p:D lol

Haha I was just doing the same last night! Comparing. And YES they look identical! I like the flip too. Have 2 and gave my daughter one. Wish they'd come out with more that will look better with the white. Gave my daughter the blue black one because it just didn't look right on my white. She didn't mind of course. ;-) need more colors for flip and I love the white with color trim. Wish there were more of those too.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Yea I think they used the wrong images. I am hoping they get the peacock and black options in satin.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Haha I was just doing the same last night! Comparing. And YES they look identical! I like the flip too. Have 2 and gave my daughter one. Wish they'd come out with more that will look better with the white. Gave my daughter the blue black one because it just didn't look right on my white. She didn't mind of course. ;-) need more colors for flip and I love the white with color trim. Wish there were more of those too.

Yea I think they used the wrong images. I am hoping they get the peacock and black options in satin.

LOL, ok its not just me then & my color issues i have !!

I'm looking to try the black shell/peacock silicone on my white 4S - i really like the crispness of that one indeed - and i'll prob go for the flip shell just because.

As for the satin shells, i'm thinking of trying the sour apple one and see how i like it - if the color is anywhere near the snakebite one, it'll be cute !! (i wound up sending back snakebite because i thought i'd never really use that color much & now i really do miss it)

i'm using my mulberry fitted today & i forgot how much i liked this one - its a little more sleeker than the candyshell. SO, i have a little shopping list i'm throwing together for Speck and i was eyeing up one or 2 of the fabric fitted shells/Burton fitted to add on as well. Thankfully i have a code to use for a good bit of a discount;)

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I put my iPhone back in service today and my candyshell in white/moonsuit cracked. I picked up a new candyshell but went with a white/pink flip (I had to demo docks a lot and remove the case and I think that caused the crack). Lord I have missed my iPhone but what's really weird is I really miss some of the 9900 - the notification light and keyboard especially. Who knew?

Sent from mah braiiiiinzzzz using
Tapatalk

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I switched back to my Ballistics today. I used the Otterbox all last week while I was on vacation. My collection isn't nearly as big as Pink's yet, but my next purchase may just be one of the Candyshell ones everyone talks about. Only thing I'm not too convinced about is the lack of built in screen protector.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Laura, as great as the Ballistic case was, i personally didn't care for it:eek: idk why. Maybe because i'm just so used to either the OB defenders or my cs's, and my LP when i use it. I wound up returning it - but the seller i used for it on Amazon called "Seller1on1" was excellent btw. i rec'd my package quickly when i initially ordered. then when i had to obtain return RMA from them on Thurs., they were very prompt with their reply - they received my package & i'm already credited back the amount. If i use Amazon in the future, i will certainly buy from them again:)

I also got the pink silicone/black shell OB defender from them - :( unfortunately i had to return it because the pink silicone where the home button is, kept 'popping up' wehre dust could easily get in. It was really annoying to say the least. It was AT&T branded, so idk if that may have had something to with it it fitting right even though it was for a 4S.

Also, Laura, you mentioned trying out the candyshells but your worried about not having a SP on your homescreen -- well i always have one on my front screen AND use it with my OB defenders - its the SP's you can get from VzW 3pk. for like $10 and the teeny bit of thickness doesnt affect the funtion of the homescreen with an OB on it:) So maybe this will help your decision to try out the candyshells:)

I can however say the Clarivue SP i applied to the back of my phone does make it a bit difficult to install the OB shell and close it:( SO idk if i'm going to keep the SP on the back of my phone now.

HEY BLiNK -- i acutally did use my phone NAKED on Monday !! it definately was strange - it felt so small compared to being in a speck shell lol. But i did kinda like it:) maybe this will be a start to using my phone naked once in a while.....we'll see !!

on another note - i decided not to get another cs or flip, but instead i'm waiting on the MightyVault in white/cobalt & i've even considered a Mophie juice pack plus, just to get more time out of my phone than i already do now...idk about that one right now tho - its just an idea ATM.

Last edited:

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

Also, Laura, you mentioned trying out the candyshells but your worried about not having a SP on your homescreen -- well i always have one on my front screen AND use it with my OB defenders - its the SP's you can get from VzW 3pk. for like $10 and the teeny bit of thickness doesnt affect the funtion of the homescreen with an OB on it:) So maybe this will help your decision to try out the candyshells:)

I don't want to have to apply a SP to my phone though. I think it takes away from the touch function of the glass, but that's probably just me. It just seems to me that when I use one, the responsiveness of the phone is slower. Almost like it has to make sure my fingers are really touching the glass before it does anything.

Jjwertz1

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
FYI whenever I'm online or out shopping and see a nice case I check on amazon for that case Usally they are alot cheaper and you get free 2 day shipping If it's a amazon prime product. and your a prime member otherwise they are 5-7 days free shipping. Either way. They are alot cheaper then buying a case out at the apple store or elsewhere

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't want to have to apply a SP to my phone though. I think it takes away from the touch function of the glass, but that's probably just me. It just seems to me that when I use one, the responsiveness of the phone is slower. Almost like it has to make sure my fingers are really touching the glass before it does anything.

:)i understand...i think its all user preferrence. I always use a SP & have never noticed a difference but i've always kept one on since the day i walked out of VzW with my new 4S, whereas one of my kids that i put one on for when they first got their 4 took it off after 3 days with the same logic as you that the touch screen just doesnt feel the same.

On another note, for those of you that like the Element Vapor Comp/Pro line, they just came out with a Pro Skater series. Some look really nice !!
ELEMENT PRO SKATE SERIES

aaronf6983

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm using the Phantom case by Case-mate and so far I am impressed! So much better than the Otterbox Defender I was using. I can actually slide this one in and out of my pocket easily and it's not covered in lint. I wish I could go case free but I don't trust myself enough not to drop it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2