Cases for iPhone 4S

jjcasillas15

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
I have the Vapor Pro Black Ops from ElementCase. Protection is great and looks and feels great also. My big problem with those cases is I go running often, so taking the case on/off to use my armband is a pain... Other than that it is a awesome case.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my phone with the Vapor Comp onto hardwood from about mid torso, not a mark on phone or case.

I miss my iPhone - I'm on the second full day of using a BB solely (while I get used to the OS again) and lawd have mercy, I miss my iPhone. I can't last much longer!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I dropped my phone with the Vapor Comp onto hardwood from about mid torso, not a mark on phone or case.

I miss my iPhone - I'm on the second full day of using a BB solely (while I get used to the OS again) and lawd have mercy, I miss my iPhone. I can't last much longer!

:p then why, Renee, why are you torturing yourself !! Lol, go back to your iPhone:D
I honestly don't think I could handling going back to a bb myself, it would feel so.......weird.

glad to hear your iPhone was ok after the drop with the Vap comp:)

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

I tried the 9900 not to long ago and I couldnt go back to my iphone fast enough lol! I returned my 9900 and am completely done with Rim products.

Last edited:

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a tough time deciding whether or not to get a LifeProof case and they are 80 bucks + 30 for the belt clip. I started out using an Incipio NGP, then about a week later I got a Feather which I used till December. For Christmas I received an OtterBox Commuter and used that for about a month. I decided to try out the SwitchEasy Trim which I loved. It gave my iPhone some grip and looked awesome. But it didn't have the protection that the OtterBox had so now I am back to using that. If I do decide to get a LifeProof idk what color I would get. I like the purple but the black is oh so sleek. Pink, have you stopped your obsession with buying cases and stuck to the LP?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a tough time deciding whether or not to get a LifeProof case and they are 80 bucks + 30 for the belt clip. I started out using an Incipio NGP, then about a week later I got a Feather which I used till December. For Christmas I received an OtterBox Commuter and used that for about a month. I decided to try out the SwitchEasy Trim which I loved. It gave my iPhone some grip and looked awesome. But it didn't have the protection that the OtterBox had so now I am back to using that. If I do decide to get a LifeProof idk what color I would get. I like the purple but the black is oh so sleek. Pink, have you stopped your obsession with buying cases and stuck to the LP?

Believe it or not, I actually have stopped switching out cases every day & making purchases !! :DLol. I have 2 LP colors, the white/gray and the pink/gray. I plan on getting the purple one very soon. It offers great protection, especially from water !! I now take my 4S into the shower for music without having to deal with my aqua pac bag I used to use--what a pita that was, lol. And if it's raining out & my phone happens to be in my hand or peeking out of my handbag, I don't have to worry if it gets rained on:) I would highly suggest this cover, especially to someone who would be working out in the elements as it protects from dust getting in as well.

The case is a little longer than the OB defender, BUT no where near as thick. I loved using OB defenders also. If your really that seriously about trying it out, when you make your purchase, make sure it's returnable for a full refund, do your 1hr water test before installing your phone to it-then I'd say give it a good week to adjust to it. I found after a week the screen protector really starts to conform to your screen better and is much more responding. Also, be sure to press out the air after you've put your phone in it. Your rintones will also sound a bit quieter than usual(because the whole unit is sealed), it took me a couple of days to adjust, but now I'm fine with it.

Good luck with your decision:)

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The thing I need to get used to is the built in screen protector. Do I need to take off my current screen protector? I've heard with cases like that such as the OB defender that people have left on their current protectors and haven't had problems

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The thing I need to get used to is the built in screen protector. Do I need to take off my current screen protector? I've heard with cases like that such as the OB defender that people have left on their current protectors and haven't had problems

YES, with the LP you need to remove your current screen protector -- that lil bit of 'bulk' could disturb the way the case should seal correctly. With my OB deffender i always kept my screen protector on with no issues plus it wasnt a water proof case so i didn't need to be concerned with the lil bit it added or 'sealing' properly -- BUT the LP is a whole different animal, you shouldnt have any extra obstructions keeping the unit from sealing as necessary.

i understand, $80 for a case is a huge investment, but also look at it this way, it will perform for the life or time span that you have your phone for :) Also, just to add Shooter has made me aware that the LP has an open/close 'life span' of 50 open/closes, and if you take your LP off to use a diff case, always do your 1hr water test before going back to the LP just to be sure everything is secure;)

edit: also, just to add in, the top/bottoms case of the LP are interchangeable--i checked with shooter03 for this as well, lol. So if you wanted a white top with the black bottom, as routine, you would do your 1hr water test prior to using the case in that choice:)

Last edited:
Reactions: sprocket2107

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Think I am going to buy a LP today after reading all this. Figure what the hell if it protects my phone the best without being super bulky then I am all for it.

sprocket2107

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Pink, how accurate is the touch screen with the built in screen protector? Is it just as accurate with it on as it is off? I've always been skeptical about cases with built in screen protectors

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Think I am going to buy a LP today after reading all this. Figure what the hell if it protects my phone the best without being super bulky then I am all for it.

I would definitely encourage anyone at this point to try the case out. I feel once you give it a fair shot, you will be happy with it and enjoy how protected your phone will be - not just physically, but also from the weather. I've gotten so accustomed to how freely I can place my phone down and not worry(about water damage), that if I did switch to another case, like a speck cs, I'd accidentally forget that I'm not waterproofed:eek::eek: and that woooooooould suckkk !!

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pink, how accurate is the touch screen with the built in screen protector? Is it just as accurate with it on as it is off? I've always been skeptical about cases with built in screen protectors

I'm actually really happy with the way the ts reacts with the built in sp on the LP. I would say it's equal to having a stick on sp on as would without it built into a case.

Did that make sense, lo,l I hope.

Reactions: sprocket2107

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Lol Pink! Your post reminded me of a scene in Good Morning Vietnam where Robin Williams was talking using acronyms! :D

Last edited:

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Decided to buy the LP case. It's a nice case, gonna take awhile to get used to the dedicated screen because it feels weird at first but I don't mind. The toggle button for sound/silent being backwards threw me off at first but overall first impressions are good :)

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I love that I've turned pink into a LifeProof advocate!!
You really can't beat the LifeProof case, it's the ultimate protection with style.

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Lol Pink! Your post reminded me of a scene in Good Morning Vietnam where Robin Williams was talking using acronyms! :D
:D goooooooooood moooorning vietnammmmmmmm !! i love RW !!

Decided to buy the LP case. It's a nice case, gonna take awhile to get used to the dedicated screen because it feels weird at first but I don't mind. The toggle button for sound/silent being backwards threw me off at first but overall first impressions are good :)
oh awesome, what color did you decide to get Lenerdosy?

Yea the toggle button still confuses me at times, lol. As for the TS, you will get used to the built in protector on the LP--give it a good week to adjust to it;) Also, pressing out any additional air will help as well

I love that I've turned pink into a LifeProof advocate!!
You really can't beat the LifeProof case, it's the ultimate protection with style.

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.
:eek: awwww thanks !! :) I'm really glad i decided to give it a 2nd shot !! I'm very happy with the case, it is great protection for sure !

Yeh, but it's kinda dead around the "case" threads now... :( :p ;)

:) yeah, it is quiet around here now, but my hubby's happy i've stopped buying so many cases LOL !!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77