More Pics of iPhone 5 Cases

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
There are so many of these mock-ups around it ain't funny. Can't wait to see if any of them actually came close to getting it right.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Those would be nice, but with the iP4 inside one of the cases it seems as though the new iPhone would be half as thick and I don't see that happening with the camera they are rumored to be putting in, or is it the angle the photo is taken at.

hoosieriphone

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
With all the rumors going around about the new iPhone, one thing is certain in my mind. I am sure Apple is going to blow our minds when they introduce it. They always seem to do this. I am on pins and needles right now and can't wait. I am sure that Tim Cook and Steve and the rest of the "gang" are sitting back after reading/hearing about all the rumors flying around and thinking to themselves that Apple is going to kill the competing phone companies when they make the announcement.

DrewBear

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't matter what improvements are made in the next iPhone, there will always be some in the blogosphere that minimize the significance. It won't affect how many iPhones actually get sold to consumers, but there will be negative press. Websites get hits by bashing Apple, so they'll keep on doing it even if they have to make up junk.

The majority of upgrades to the iPhone have already been telegraphed in iOS 5 & iCloud. The A5 processor is a known quantity. The actual physical form of the phone is what most of the speculation is about. The punditry may scream bloody murder if the form factor stays mostly the same, but consumers won't care much.

We talked about disinformation or misdirection in some other thread. It's very likely Apple intentionally leaked inaccurate specs to case makers. First, it helps triangulate the source of internal leaks. Second, it keeps competitors (and consumers) confused as to what the next iPhone will look like.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't matter what improvements are made in the next iPhone, there will always be some in the blogosphere that minimize the significance. It won't affect how many iPhones actually get sold to consumers, but there will be negative press. Websites get hits by bashing Apple, so they'll keep on doing it even if they have to make up junk.

The majority of upgrades to the iPhone have already been telegraphed in iOS 5 & iCloud. The A5 processor is a known quantity. The actual physical form of the phone is what most of the speculation is about. The punditry may scream bloody murder if the form factor stays mostly the same, but consumers won't care much.

We talked about disinformation or misdirection in some other thread. It's very likely Apple intentionally leaked inaccurate specs to case makers. First, it helps triangulate the source of internal leaks. Second, it keeps competitors (and consumers) confused as to what the next iPhone will look like.

Even if the iPhone revolutionized phones and provided a different kind of radiation that actually kills cancer, 3 people having malfunctioning silent switches would be covered nationally for 6 months.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Until I have a live real actual iPhone 5 that makes calls and does everything my iPhone 4 does now iswhen I will believe its in the market to the public.

I am trying to not get too aught up in all the hype about cases and everything else and announement days and so on.

When it happens it happens and when you have one on your hand then you will know for sure.

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Those would be nice, but with the iP4 inside one of the cases it seems as though the new iPhone would be half as thick and I don't see that happening with the camera they are rumored to be putting in, or is it the angle the photo is taken at.

keep in mind that the back is curved on the case, whereas the iPhone 4 is flat and has squared edges. The iPhone doesn't sit flat in the bottom of that case, so it will naturally sit higher than what it actually is, a more accurate comparison would be the phone sitting next to the case on a table and the picture being taken from the horizon of the table to show height differences.

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
If that's what they'll be shaped like (and I so hope they do!), I believe I've found my next phone, and will be losing my last premier upgrade to that bad boy :)

The things I hope for: bigger screen and more of a curved feel. I'm so excited, and can't wait until they announce it, so these rumors can be put to rest! I'm bad at math and measurements, so what size screen would that approximately be, assuming these are legit?

tmadsen

May 28, 2009
Visit site
Also, does it seem like there is no back to these cases? It looks sort of like a bumper. The picture with the iPhone 4 in it looks like it's backless, and that it's resting on the table.