Best iPhone 4 case that provides protection but isn't bulky

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the Magpul Field Exec case. It adds very little bulk, is very well made, and is a nice price. I don't know how much protection you're looking for, but it offers a little more than a bumper, but nothing as substantial as an Otterbox. I think it looks rather nice too.

Orange%20iPhone%204%20Case.jpg

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Corey,

Saw your original post about this case and really liked it. Ordered the OD Green from EBay. Should be here this week.

I have the Magpul Field Exec case. It adds very little bulk, is very well made, and is a nice price. I don't know how much protection you're looking for, but it offers a little more than a bumper, but nothing as substantial as an Otterbox. I think it looks rather nice too.

Orange%20iPhone%204%20Case.jpg

Corey

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Corey,

Saw your original post about this case and really liked it. Ordered the OD Green from EBay. Should be here this week.

Congrats! I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. It's an excellent case. I'm continually impressed by the fit and finish, especially for the price.

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
the OP wanted a case that looks nice. i don't know anyone that thinks otterbox cases look nice.

Beauty is subjective. The purpose of a case is to protect the phone from drop damage. Probably 80% or more of the cases out there don't really do that, but Otterbox (and a few others probably give you the best chance).

I have the Otterbox Reflex case (below), which virtually nobody talks about. All I hear about is the Defender or Commuter. The Defender is a little bulkier than mine, but I don't consider it "ugly" either.

The Reflex I have is about as thin of a case that I could find that I also felt would give it a puncher's chance of not shattering the back if I dropped it. I really have no idea if would prevent drop damage or not because I'm hoping not to find out. But it's very sturdy with a felt interior backing to provide an additional buffer, and it adds very little width to the phone. And I carry it in my front pocket (as do most guys) so I didn't want a case that's absurdly bulky.

Otterbox_Reflex_1.jpg

The Apple Bumper looks fine, but I don't think it offers too much protection. But again, who knows...