White iphone 4 and the Otterbox

Purple4

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only that seems to be having a problem with my white iphone 4 dialing while I am talking on it? It doesn't do it when I take the Otterbox off. I want to have a case on it for protection, any suggestions?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
LifeProof looks awesome, I am afraid to purchase it though because I too own a white iPhone ... I would hate to discover that it didn't work. I am waiting for more people with white iPhones to review that case.

Kaerey

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
OtterBox has a statement on website for the Defender Cases that it doesn't work with the White iPhone, but to check out the commuter or reflex series. I have the Commuter (black on black) and no problems.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Weird my GF has the white i4 and a white Defender case and everything works fine. I guess it's prob she only calls using the headphones.

baharharre

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Mat be it is one of the case, because my white iphone is working fine with defender cases. I am sure there may be some other issues but it looks cool otherwise. Try some other cases may be it will work.

Last edited:

mississippichick

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I also have the white Iphone, and I experienced the same issues with the Defender Otterbox case. The lady at the AT&T store told me, I could only use one of the Shell Cases for the phone, so I am really thinking about taking the phone back to the store..........

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
...maybe also look at a Speck case. I also notice that sometimes when typing with my Otterbox case, the screen is not as responsive.

I've since switched back to my Speck case, and I guess due to the lack of screen protection the typing is working correctly.

Stickboy46

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Since they moved the position of the proximity sensor on the White iPhone 4 the defender now covers it up. There really isnt much you can do about it. I have the commuter with an invisible shield and it works great for me. i like the feel of the commuter better anyways.