I tried 2 different Zagg screen shields and both were horrible and felt sticky on my IP4. I believe that items are over priced and ugly. Never again as the shields had bumpy look and always looked wet even after the 24 hour wait time.
    Just use an inexpensive screen protector .
    04-05-2011 11:03 PM
    Some people like it, and if you had done any research on the product before buying it, you would have known not to buy it. I use zagg products and love them. All depends on what you like.
    04-05-2011 11:41 PM
    I really have been digging Ghost Armor.
    04-06-2011 12:46 AM
    I use zagg on my Ipad2 and iPhones and love them.
    04-06-2011 12:48 AM
    I agree with the original poster... Zagg gets you on the marketing that their protector is the strongest...
    It actuality no one needs that sort of protection... your device would break before it endures that sort of punishment.

Ive been using 1-3 dollar screen protectors for the longest time, and I've never once got a scratch on the actual screen.
    04-06-2011 12:51 AM
    The zagg products are pretty durable, and the lifetime warranty is nice. But I agree, it makes the screen less slippery for your finger and gives it somewhat of an orange peel effect. I prefer my phones with nothing on them. My iPod has zagg shields on them though.
    04-06-2011 01:20 AM
    Zagg really sucks. I got a free screen protector for my Google Nexus One and took it off 5 minutes after putting it on. They're horrible, bumpy and rubbery. I went back to using the cheap film ones (5 for 3 bucks on ebay haha) and am using Zagg like skins for the back and sides of my Nexus S from BestSkinEver.com which are way better and half the price.
    04-06-2011 02:24 AM
    Off topic
    There's alot of neat cases and accessories for iPhones, ipods, and ipads on ebay like cases with built in stands and such. I wish they made stuff like that for my Nexus S oh well.
    04-06-2011 02:27 AM
    Zagg used to be a lot better. They have gotten way too thick. On the other hand, their custom shields for the back of your phone are really nice.

For the front, these days I'm preferring Bestskinsever, too.
    04-06-2011 07:00 AM
    Some people like it, and if you had done any research on the product before buying it, you would have known not to buy it. I use zagg products and love them. All depends on what you like.
    I appreciate your response however no one can truly see the orange peel and feel the effect until you complete the application thus all of research are just research and not experience.
    Perhaps hate is a strong word to describe it. How about I did not like it? For $20 you would expect much cleaner effect as iPhone is not a military gear to protect.
    Last edited by Blackbelt; 04-06-2011 at 07:42 AM.
    04-06-2011 07:37 AM
    I experienced the rubbery feel and the orange peel effect on my iPhone 4 and took it off after 5 minutes. The products are claiming to be a military grade products , well my IP is not a military gear. The screen felt horrible and looked bumpy.
    04-06-2011 07:55 AM
    agreed....biggest waste of money spent on my iphone to date
    04-06-2011 08:21 AM
    I tried 2 different Zagg screen shields and both were horrible and felt sticky on my IP4. I believe that items are over priced and ugly. Never again as the shields had bumpy look and always looked wet even after the 24 hour wait time.
    Just use an inexpensive screen protector .
    My invisible shield is almost a year old and still looks great. Are you sure you installed it correctly? Mine is silky smooth.
    04-06-2011 09:09 AM
    I agree as well. Try Phantomskinz - so much better, can't even tell it's on your screen. plus if you order on-line you get 2 for the price of 1. and they have the most amazing Chromatics line of skins
    04-06-2011 09:12 AM
    I experienced the rubbery feel and the orange peel effect on my iPhone 4 and took it off after 5 minutes. The products are claiming to be a military grade products , well my IP is not a military gear. The screen felt horrible and looked bumpy.
    After 5 minutes the application solution probably wasn't even completely dry and set. It also takes up to a week for it to diffuse out any bubbles and be "installed".
    04-06-2011 09:22 AM
    the only problem i have experienced, after time, was it would eventually start peeling up around the edges (front and back - full body).. i do not use a case, for the most part, and put my phone in my pocket

i have seen videos where you can clean them, and tried it, but it just seems they are never the same after the "first" install

as far as protection; probably the best out there, imo
    04-06-2011 09:34 AM
    After 5 minutes the application solution probably wasn't even completely dry and set. It also takes up to a week for it to diffuse out any bubbles and be "installed".
    Agreed. You really have to give it a week for it to be set. I gave it a week and took it off. I had it installed at Best Buy and the girl that did it was awesome. She did a much better job than they had done on my Droid. The problem is that even with a great install it still takes away from the iPhone 4 screen. It does a great job of protecting and the feel didn't bother me. It was the orange peal effect that I could not get past. Even with an install that was probably the best I have seen it still was not worth it. I really wanted to get past it but I just couldn't. I have a SGP Steinheil Ultra Oleophobic protector on both mine and my wife's iPhone and they are great. It is very clear yet it provides protection for normal use. If you think you need the extra protection then ZAGG is the way to go, but I didn't feel it was worth it for me.

All that being said, I don't think ZAGG makes a bad product. I actually think they make a great product. It just isn't for everyone.
    04-06-2011 09:36 AM
    Thanks for your response however friend of mine has had his Zagg on for about a month with the same horrible look and feel. I understand that nothing is compared to the IP screen with no guard however my experience was not good and apparently several other users have had the same experience.
    roll-tide likes this.
    04-06-2011 09:39 AM
    I appreciate your response however no one can truly see the orange peel and feel the effect until you complete the application thus all of research are just research and not experience.
    Perhaps hate is a strong word to describe it. How about I did not like it? For $20 you would expect much cleaner effect as iPhone is not a military gear to protect.
    The orange peel effect is why I changed to Ghost Armor. I used to be a die hard BSE (Best Skins Ever), but got tired of installing and reinstalling. They also don't offer a lifetime replacement like most of the other companies. So I finally bit the bullet and had someone else put it on. They had to go through 3 protectos and a bunch of reinstalls to get it right, but I didn't have to pay extra for it. If it bubbles or comes off or I get a replacement, I just have to pay the $5 install fee (nothing for the protector). That's a sweet deal to me.
    04-06-2011 10:23 AM
    Thanks for your response however friend of mine has had his Zagg on for about a month with the same horrible look and feel. I understand that nothing is compared to the IP screen with no guard however my experience was not good and apparently several other users have had the same experience.
    Very strange. I got my instruction from Best Buy (Geek Squad) on installing it. When the salesmen was doing his push he said they offered installation for another $6 or something. I declined but did talk to them about it being hesitant about buying it. But that is what they told me to do and I was happy with the results. I scratched the screen on my previous 2 iPhones and had never liked screen shields before. The salesmen let me play with his iPhone which had one on it to see how it felt and I was impressed.

I'm curious did you get the Invisible Shield or one of their other films/shields? Mine was $35, I thought you said yours was $20 or someone else did. Maybe they are making lesser ones now.

I've also not had any peeling at all. All the corners are firmly down and that's even with taking my bumper on/off pretty often.

You might check out the SGP Ultra Crystal as I've seen good things said about it. I actually have one that came with a case I got from them but I've been waiting for my invisible shield to get messed up before I use it; which has not yet happened.
    04-06-2011 11:57 AM
    I think they are a rip-off at $20+ ea. I bought one, didn't like the way it felt or looked, and it kept sliding around on my screen for days after I applied it (like it never dried or properly adhered to the glass). It was like it was shrinking or something, it started to cover my home button where it wasn't supposed to and shifted over the ear piece speaker even after I kept moving it back into place over and over, so I got irritated and pulled it off and threw it away. No more screen protector for me. No case either, and no insurance.

Verizon insurance is ridiculous at $11/mo, and Square Trade offers a nice alternative, but when I can replace a screen for less than $100, I am not all that worried about it anymore. There is really nothing on the iphone that costs THAT much to repair or replace, unless you lose the phone entirely.
    04-06-2011 12:43 PM
    I have two iphones. Both now have the Zagg Invisible Shield. The ones that do not show the fingerprints. It takes a day to set and after that they do not shift. I have used mine after an hour without problems. Both of mine were installed by BB and absolutely no bubbles. As for the "orange peel" look you see that mostly when the phone is off. The screen looks great with the phone on and I much prefer it to the look of fingerprints all over the screen like my son and his wife have on theirs. The Zagg screen is very easy to clean with a tissue (sometimes slightly dampened). So for me it works well but that is just my opinion.
    04-07-2011 12:36 AM
    I love it. I applied both the front and back on myself and I got bubble city on the back part, but dis better on the front, but once it set in, all the bubbles on the back went away and it looks great.
    04-07-2011 11:25 AM
    Zagg offers a few types of protection. The full body is usually around 35 and just the screen is around 20. They also have anti-glare (which I hate because it makes whites on your screen look pixelated). Again, it's all about preference. If you can't handle a scratch on your screen (like me), Zagg, Best Skins Ever, Ghost Armor, etc. are a good alternative.
    04-08-2011 10:02 AM
    Ive used Zagg on both my i4s and haven't had any trouble with either, but maybe that's just me. Keep looking till you get something you like. Good luck.
    04-08-2011 03:14 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD