Bumper or No Bumper

Are you getting a Bumper for your iPhone 4

• Yes,ordered it with the phone

Votes: 22 23.9%
  • Yes, but not after I get the phone

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • No, Im getting a different 3rd party case

Votes: 29 31.5%
  • No, I always go nude....(the phone that is)

Votes: 14 15.2%

• Total voters

pnut78

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
THey are sold out at all Apple retail stores. I don't want to wait for the mail, so does anyone know what other retailers will carry them?

I need one since I'm a lefty and apparently Jobs hates lefties.

Also I got a zagg skin, so I figure that with the bumper makes me protected.

Last edited:

anon(536616)

Jun 4, 2006
Visit site
It's all about price for me. If it were $4.99 (or $9.99 because it's Apple) I would probably get one. No way at $29.99.

Knock offs from Hong Kong of these things will likely hit eBay soon at a substantial cost savings.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
I ordered a black bumper, but it won't arrive until next week. I wanted something exactly like the bumper for the original iPhone (backless grip for the edges). Time will tell how much I will use it. I have always preferred a naked iPhone and used a Sena ultra slim pouch for pocket/bag protection, but it's kind of a hassle sliding the phone in and out of the pouch (then you have to put the pouch somewhere). Curious to see how the bumper works for me. I hope they're easier to take on/off than the Apple iPad case.

vjr021

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else find it alarmingly STUPID that Apple sells the bumper and the dock, but you can't use the dock if you bumper is on?

I'm thinking of modding my dock to accept the bumper.

Dyvim

Mar 10, 2008
Visit site
Yes, I do. I felt the same about the iPad dock and case. At the very least they should offer dock adapters than fit the bumper for use in the universal docks.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Can we stop calling it a bumper please. It's a CASE. Next thing we'll do is call every smartphone an iPhone.

^
doofus.jpg

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
why spend $30 on a peice of hard rubber when i can spend $30 on my new Elan Passport Wallet by Griffin from Best Buy (last one :) )

RIPNHL2005

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Spend $18 instead buying a Marware Sportgrip...Same as bumper but it looks a tad bigger and more rugged and $10 cheaper....I have one on order which ships 1st week of July..Just got email from them today.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I voted no bumper and don't ever do cases. But I guess i do now.

Not for reception issues but because i don't like the feel of the phone with the metal edges. The bumper makes it more comfortable.

I also tried a Belkin Grip Vue since the one i had for an ipad worked pretty well. The clear Vue for the iphone 4 was great. Except for the dealbreaker. It was too hard to press the volume buttons and sleep button. Pictures were washed out with flash with that case on as well.

So back to the bumper. I'm actually getting used to the glass feeling in back of phone.

MikeDVB

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I called Apple and they're sending me a bumper free because of the reception issues although I wanted one anyways due to the edge of the phone making my finger sore.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77