Why Should YOU Win a Custom TiPb Element Case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercerwrxer

Jan 3, 2009
Visit site
I have cracked the screen on my first 2G iPhone, which still worked fine until the day I got my 3G, and I've been through multiple cases not yet finding one that I truly like. I am a contractor and my iPhone is one of my most important tools being utilized multiple times daily, increasing the risk of damage, I feel that the element case would provide the sufficient protection that I am looking for, with a stylish touch of class at the same time. The only thing is I feel like I might need a case to protect my case from being scratched, JK!

CoachFreak

Jun 9, 2008
Visit site
I have already been the victim of dropping the phone ONE time (the first week I got it) and had to replace the phone.

I need one of these cases if it will help me avoid losing another phone after one drop from only 2 feet when it was in one of the Incase slider cases already!

THanks...

Touch Me

Nov 18, 2008
Visit site
Like others, I work and play outdoors in all conditions from dust to snow and in everything from rivers to lava rocks. Every gadget I own has been dropped several times. There is even a bite mark from a dog. Oh, yeah, the protection would be welcome!

jsp55

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Despite the presence of other worthy entrants, I think my past year's negative experience with various devices makes me an excellent choice to win the case.

To start with, in April, my wife and I were driving along I-90 returning from a family visit when our car was destroyed - yes, I know it's not really a device in the same sense as an iPhone, but it merely set a pattern for the year; plus a Prius is kind of the car equivalent of an apple product. We were completely stopped at a work zone when an 18 wheeler going about 45-50 mph rear-ended us. The impact rammed us into the car in front of us and then another 18 wheeler hit the first, which then knocked into our car again. My wife and I walked away unscathed (if that's not an advertisement for the safety features of the Prius, I don't know what would be) but the car was completely totaled. The insurance company was very fair but because of normal depreciation we did lose a bit of money replacing the car.

Then, this July, on the day we moved into our new apartment, a bottle of water got knocked onto my Macbook while I was setting up the Airport network. The geniuses at the mac store were able to recover most of my data but the computer was completely lost and had to be replaced.

Finally, two weeks ago, while on vacation in Florida I lost both my iphone headphones and GPS power cable. For the headphones, the rubber just fell off making them unwearable. And as for the GPS cable, it decided to fall apart at the connection port -without the GPS being charged and with the two of us still relying on our old RAZr phones - as my wife and I were returning from dinner in a city we'd never been to before. Thankfully, we were able to find the hotel without it, but I faced another expense replacing both.

Given how easy it seems to drop an iphone, I'd love to get my hands on that case to avoid a continuation of my recent run of luck. This is especially vital for me given that the good news in life may make it harder to keep the iphone functioning properly. That news is that my wife and I are expecting our first child a few short months and between carrying diaper bags, strollers and car seats and dealing with bottles, diapers and baby spit up, I think I'll probably need the best protection available.

Oh, and lastly, I'm a Bills fan (which merely adds to the suffering quotient) and have to deal this week with the fact that a team that went 2-8 down the stretch (after a 5-1 start) with some of the worst coaching I've ever seen just announced that all members of the staff would be returning next year.

Anyway, thanks for hearing me out and congrats to the winner if it isn't me.

ElementCases

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Hey there, Igreenberg - if you'd be willing to chat with a firefighting trade mag about your thoughts, we can def. shoot you over a case whether or not you win one of these awesome TiPB cases. Rene and Jeremy, thanks again for the flattering review and doing a give-away. Your logo made for some of the greatest looking Element cases that we have produced.

Happy New Year to you all and best wishes,

Element case Team

lgreenberg

Dec 2, 2008
www.active.com
Hey there, Igreenberg - if you'd be willing to chat with a firefighting trade mag about your thoughts, we can def. shoot you over a case whether or not you win one of these awesome TiPB cases. Rene and Jeremy, thanks again for the flattering review and doing a give-away. Your logo made for some of the greatest looking Element cases that we have produced.

Happy New Year to you all and best wishes,

Element case Team

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Could have used it last night at the 6 acre brush fire. ;)

pnut78

Dec 1, 2008
Visit site
I feel I need the case because my iPhone is a "family" phone. I use the phone for calling, but my wife uses it when I am not, to check her email for work (she works for the Dept of Education helping first generation college hopefuls try and get into college). If not her, I have a 3 year old who absolutely loves the iPhone and the apps with it. He's becoming quite good with it and it looks like a future in computers is possible!! If that does not warrant protection, I don't know what does. Also with having a 3 year old, I'm constantly crawling, jumping, carrying all sorts of things so the accidental bump or it falling out of my pocket is a big possibility.

Please choose me as I don't get many electronics and I waited till this past November to finally get the 3G. Thanks for hearing my story!

If it would help, I can include a pic of my adorable 3 year old Anthony.

Last edited:

guidedbywez

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
I need the case...I'm a college professor and could use something cool to introduce materials chemistry to my students. See, educational AND beautiful! :)

cjspriggs

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I think i should get the case because...

I think i should get the case because i constantly drop my case and instead of rubber, plastic, hbrid or any other type of case, i need "fort Knox" as one.

hotrod#AC

Jan 31, 2006
Visit site
I am a scientist/researcher and educator. I'm frequently in the lab around dangerous chemicals and also working out in the field applying treatments and taking data to my field research. I need something to protect my iPhone from those dangerous elements so I can use it to show my results or data to other collaborators and clientele. My story is not flashy or funny, but I need a case, and I'd love to have this one. Thanks for giving the average joe and opportunity to win.

xghram

Jan 5, 2009
Visit site
I just very unlucky when it comes to caring for phones and pda's. My palm zire was rolled over by the wheels of a desk chair. A glass of water tipped over on the dinner table and killed my razr. Worst of all, a righty batter hit an opposite field foul ball into the dugout, and killed my nokia sitting on the bench as I watched helplessly from centerfield. What are the odds on that? I think my nokia stood a better chance of being struck by lightning... is there a case that protects against that?

The Radness

Nov 3, 2008
Visit site
I could really use the case because I'm a BMXer and have broken many phones/ iPods in the past because I'm an idiot and keep buying expensive stuff. :)

Its hard to find a case thats protects well, but still leaves the phone looking nice and easy to use. I could really use the full screen protection when it is in my pocket, My biggest fear is if I fall, I'm gonna crack the screen and be in trouble.

As of now i have to switch to my old phone, a V3, and carry an old 2nd gen ipod on me. I look like I came straight out of 1999. :(

I was gonna post pics, but I guess I don't have enough posts at the moment.

Last edited:

pinny

Oct 20, 2008
Visit site
Here's another request for protection for a phone that has to weather a very klutzy guy and and a 18 month old baby (she's a Bubbles addict). My wife plays simcity, but she's ok with the phone.

jasonact

May 30, 2008
www.jasonmartinmft.com
To put it simply, I am on the verge of reversing Global Warming, ending world hunger, curing Cancer, making Wal-Mart an ethical company again, and implementing native copy/paste on the iPhone without jailbreaking! This case may ensure that my work is completed, and you would be partially to thank for saving civilization as we know it.

I and the rest of humanity thank you in advance. ;)

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Thanks everyone who entered! We'll be announcing the winner asap, along with the winner of last night's iPhone Live! give away.

Note: We're not "picking" anyone -- we're certainly not going to play judge over the merits of any one members story vs. another. Everyone who followed the directions and told us why they should win will go in a "hat" and we'll pull a name from it. As long as you have a story, you have an entry and a chance to get the give away!

Announcing soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77