Any features missing from the Accessibility options?

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
So we all know that there are many different options for those with visual or aural impairments, such as text-to-speech, large fonts or inverted colours, as detailed on the official page at the following link - https://www.apple.com/uk/accessibility/iphone/#mn_p

Personally, I would like to see more themes added that could cater for those with a visual impairment, including high-contrast themes.

Do you think there are any options that are missing and should be included in future versions of iOS?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The option to tap on a setting on your screen that alerts an elderly person's caretaker. Just a thought since the elderly are starting to use advanced mobile devices.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Option to config a battery saver mode when you get the 10% warning

Like turning off data

Minimizing screen brightness

Turning off location services

It would be an auto setting that applies itself till you charge back over the 10 percent Mark

bluehookio

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
On my Mac I use sticky keys to hold down modifiers as I have one hand and its quite small so I can't always stretch. On iOS this only really applies to the shift key but it works fine fo me using the on-screen keyboard - I just tap shift, then the letter I want in uppercase or double tap for a run of uppercase letters. The problem is with using external bluetooth keyboards where the options are more like a Mac keyboard, i.e. I have not only shift keys, but a command and option key too and a fn key that is required for accessing the top row options, useful things like volume controls, toggling on-screen keyboard (the only way to use Emoji) whilst the command key gives me back functions that on-screen keyboards don't - cut, copy, paste etc. But without the equaivalent of the Mac's Sticky keys options it means that I can only use these functions where the modier and the letter or number key are within reach of each other - and not all of them are.

cfoxy1

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
I agree. As someone who has a visual impairment the feature which has not moved forward on IOS or OSX is the invert colour feature. My main gripe is around that once turned on the theme extends to photos and videos. Great that I can read but if I want to watch a film or access a website I have to view these items in negative format. It would be great to have a theme that gave the colour features I could adjust for myself but leave photos and videos in their natural format.

Kind Regards

Chris

TomJx

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
All I want is a way to override the CSS on all websites I visit. I want all the light grey font colors to be changed to white, and all the dark grey font colors to be changed to black. Possible offer an additional option to then make the font's background the opposite (black or white).

"Inverting colors" on photos and videos doesn't make sense. I need inversion and contrast to read TEXT. Only TEXT. Not photos, not videos, only TEXT. The part I'm trying to READ as opposed to VIEW. Why is this so difficult to understand?

I can't believe I'm the only person who needs such. The current "vision accessibility options" focus on Apple's own iPad screens rather than the actual websites we bought the iPad to access. i don't believe there's absolutely no way Apple can override CSS to do this.