[GUIDE] How To Attach Images In The Forums

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Something !//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190105/54af5d2acc46899bbfe8d7ef51a6fbb8.jpg
Nice !
Now,to return to my original question,can I do this with my XS or iPad 5,directly from a web page or browser,without having to involve Photos at all ?

You can. To not involve photos though you would need to copy the direct image address and paste that URL in the text box. That would be under the From URL tab in the photos option. Otherwise, you would need to involve Photos.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You get same pop up with the same two options, from computer and from URL. From computer will show as broken in the apps whether posted from mobile or desktop.

No, you get a different option set. See my screenshot in post #17 . That's what you get in desktop view on mobile. You just tap the picture icon. In mobile view, you get something different. And you have to jump through hoops to get there. And then when you post the image, it shows broken in the Apps. Not so in desktop view. Desktop view is easier and works better. But we can't get it in Safari. To get desktop view, I have to use my Puffin browser.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
No, you get a different option set. See my screenshot in post #17 . That's what you get in desktop view on mobile. You just tap the picture icon. In mobile view, you get something different. And you have to jump through hoops to get there. And then when you post the image, it shows broken in the Apps. Not so in desktop view. Desktop view is easier and works better. But we can't get it in Safari. To get desktop view, I have to use my Puffin browser.

Are you talking about the same photo icon I have circled in my original post that the screenshot was taken from mobile safari on my XS Max?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Try again !
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyWjztgRKC8GaHdVblCsvDLz4ESPKSvi_MWWyNlhXKPuzCkhQI
not required result !
this is difficult I can lift an image from Safari by either Save Image or Copy and then plonk it straight into Notes, but can only get a link into iMore forums !

You’ll have to use the image icon and select the From URL tab and paste the link there. Otherwise you can manually add the [ IMG ] before the link and [ /IMG ] after the link, with the spaces removed of course. This is where adding images from one of the apps is easier.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro