Keyboard issues

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Anyone having issues with their keyboard on their MacBook? Some of my letters repeat but not all the time. Apple is replacing my keyboard under the new program.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, this is unfortunately an issue with Apple’s butterfly key switches. They have made multiple changes to them, however, it continues to be a problem.

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Fed Ex just dropped off my Macbook which is all fixed. They replaced the entire upper case with a new keyboard and some cable also. It works great so far with no issues at all thanks to Apple. You don't get this fast of service from any other manufacturer this is why Apple is the best!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I just saw this on a couple of other sites.

"Apple Now Prioritizing MacBook Keyboard Repairs With Quoted Next-Day Turnaround Time
Tuesday April 23, 2019 9:41 am PDT by Joe Rossignol
Apple has indicated that most MacBook and MacBook Pro keyboard repairs will be required to be completed at Apple Stores until further notice, rather than being shipped to an off-site Apple repair center, according to an internal memo shared with Apple Store employees last week and obtained by MacRumors. "

Click here for SOURCE LINK

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I just saw this on a couple of other sites.

"Apple Now Prioritizing MacBook Keyboard Repairs With Quoted Next-Day Turnaround Time
Tuesday April 23, 2019 9:41 am PDT by Joe Rossignol
Apple has indicated that most MacBook and MacBook Pro keyboard repairs will be required to be completed at Apple Stores until further notice, rather than being shipped to an off-site Apple repair center, according to an internal memo shared with Apple Store employees last week and obtained by MacRumors. "

Click here for SOURCE LINK

Only took 5 days via Fed Ex you can’t beat that! Keep it up Apple!

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
That's true! I think that's outstanding... but it's still a long time to be away from your device! I'm glad for those who haven't sent them in yet they will have this option!

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
That's true! I think that's outstanding... but it's still a long time to be away from your device! I'm glad for those who haven't sent them in yet they will have this option!

They tried to send me to a store but my local Apple store closed the Pier in Atlantic City. The closest store is 50 miles away.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm not having any problems with my MacBook Pro keyboard, but I was just curious if this recall is for all MacBooks or just certain years/models?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2