Appreciate the windows forum

accessoriesguy

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I fix windows computers to make ends meet. So i can never officially "hate" windows.

Also I don't know how to fix apple computers, other then some simple errors and mistakes, but not as well as any PC. So perhaps that's a plus 1 for windows?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I fix windows computers to make ends meet. So i can never officially "hate" windows.

Also I don't know how to fix apple computers, other then some simple errors and mistakes, but not as well as any PC. So perhaps that's a plus 1 for windows?

Or maybe it says that Macs don't need fixes the way PC/Windows does? :D :eek:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My PC "almost never works". Was only 2 years old and spent more time at the geek squad than me using it. Made a jump to Mac and love it. I still love using windows for certain things but just need it "to work" when needed.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Or maybe it says that Macs don't need fixes the way PC/Windows does? :D :eek:

righhhhhhhhhhhhhhht:confused: :p

no OS is perfect I work with both every day and there are things that Windows kicks OS X ass at and things OS X just stomps Windows on but I would never say one is better than the other. I've had my MBP totally lock up on me twice, in 15 years I've only had my Windows PCs lock up where I had to do a hard boot once. I've had Beachball of Death a few times just like I've had one or two software crashes on the Windows side.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
My PC "almost never works". Was only 2 years old and spent more time at the geek squad than me using it. Made a jump to Mac and love it. I still love using windows for certain things but just need it "to work" when needed.

Windows works just fine for some of us. I've had 3 Dell computers in the last 11 years and I've had absolutely no issues with either one if them. I usually get 6 years out of my computers which I think is pretty good. I know some people at work that have had issues with their Macs so that just goes to prove that anything can give you problems. Mac or PC is all a matter of preference as far as I'm concerned....

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
righhhhhhhhhhhhhhht:confused: :p

no OS is perfect I work with both every day and there are things that Windows kicks OS X ass at and things OS X just stomps Windows on but I would never say one is better than the other. I've had my MBP totally lock up on me twice, in 15 years I've only had my Windows PCs lock up where I had to do a hard boot once. I've had Beachball of Death a few times just like I've had one or two software crashes on the Windows side.

I was just being snarky... and having fun at the expense of the Windows users. I've had my share is issues with Windows and with Windows PCs (mostly HPs and Lenovos)... like anything else in this world, there are good and bad of each... and there are still a few tasks that I sneak off to do on my work PC because either it's easier or I already know how to do it there.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I was just being snarky... and having fun at the expense of the Windows users. I've had my share is issues with Windows and with Windows PCs (mostly HPs and Lenovos)... like anything else in this world, there are good and bad of each... and there are still a few tasks that I sneak off to do on my work PC because either it's easier or I already know how to do it there.

I know you were that's why I put the :p face lol. How funny is it that Lion has changing window size from any edge, copying files with the same name don't replace each other, windows maximize to the entire screen. Now where have I seen those things before? lol

Bias X

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Can't say i totally love Windows. But i've invested enough time and money into my rig not to have some affection for it :D

I've also dabbled into Ubuntu and Macs. My time was short with my MPB. I do enjoy the OS but the money wasn't worth it for me to make the switch. Sold it for what i bought it for. Same goes for Ubuntu, only messed with it for a month or so.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I've been using windows since DOS 5 / Win 3.1, and I've been mostly happy with it. The only dim spot for me over the years was Millenium Edition. I'm probably one of the few people who had absolutely no complaints about Vista.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2