What can developers access with the new watchOS 3?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Folks,

Very VERY new to development, VERY low skills, but I'm learning. I'm hearing that the new watchOS3 will be more open to developers. What can I access with watchOS3? What api's etc? (I hope I used the right term, like I said I'm REAL new to this stuff)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
"Developers will be able to integrate Apple Pay within apps on the Watch, have fitness apps run in the background and more. Apps will be able to track heart rates, gyroscope and all-day accelerometers in real-time."

Source: The iMore Blog

olearydan

Oct 28, 2016
Visit site
If you open up Xcode and look in the Documentation and API references you can scan through the WatchKit section. But a better place to start would probably be here: https://developer.apple.com/watchos/

It gives a nice overview and links to videos where you can see what can be done on WatchOS. Don't get too far ahead of yourself though. Learn the language a bit before you dive too deep into iOS development. Learning the language isn't as flashy as designing an app you can actually see on the watch, but it doesn't take long to get frustrated because the documentation and even tutorials can get complicated pretty quickly.

Have fun and enjoy the learning process!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2