Automatically delete songs from my iPhone after I get done listening to it.

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
I have about 30 gigs of mp3's loaded on to my iPhone 3GS. I have some smart playlists (like all songs by a particular artist) and I have synced these playlists on to my iPhone.

This is a subset of my music, and I intend to load the others after I get done listening to these.

I could listen to these through the playlists in order, or shuffle them. In any case, I would like the iPhone's iPod and/or iTunes to remove the song from my iPhone as I get done listening to it. This way, the # of songs on my iPod will gradually dwindle and eventually I'll upload another set on to it. I will also avoid listening to one song many times.

How do I do this?
Can I keep track of which songs have been played and delete them off my iPhone manually? It will be a pain to have to do this manually..

alokeprasad

Feb 18, 2005
Visit site
Someone in Apple forum suggested using a smart playlist with a playcount of 0 as a filter. Then, when the track is played (on the PC or iPhone), it gets a palycount of 1 and gets removed from the smart playlist and then the iPhone on the next sync.

Ged_UK

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi there, my first post and it's an answer!

I can confirm this method works. I have several smart playlists with playcount = 0, one for any unplayed tracks, others with extra fields to sort by genre (so unplayed blues, unplyaed classical etc).

I set itunes to sync these playlists, and so when i play it on the iphone (and it works on my ipod too), either direct from the playlist, or via the artist/album/song tabs, and sync afterwards, itunes just hauls them off the device. If i play it on my desktop computer and then resync, same result; song removed from device.

If I like the tracks enough, I put them in my 'ipod' playlist which I just use to get the music i want onto the device. I don't use it as a proper playlist, but then find the album i want from the album or artist list.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2