Payment Plan/Transfer of Phone Question

SpikeJones

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi Community!

I tried searching around for this question but couldn't really find a concrete answer. If it's already been asked and you could link me instead of needing to answer, please do!

Anyways, I, like many others out there am eyeing the iPhone 7.

Back in December of 2014, I bought the Galaxy Note 4 for $300 (or w/e) on a 2 year plan, therefore allowing me to upgrade this coming December of 2016. I am on my family's plan but one of my parents has an old note 2 and has been able to upgrade since forever, and my other parent has an iPhone 6 on a monthly payment plan.

My note 4 eventually conked out like most Notes do, so I got an iPhone 6 plus from my friend and started using that. My parent that has the iPhone 6 really likes the size of the plus that I have, and wants it. I was wondering if it would be possible to get + upgrade to the iPhone 7 for myself once that comes along in December and give my parent the iPhone 6 plus I am using right now. My only worry is that how would the price increase since technically the iphone 6 plus is a more expensive phone? Is this doable at all/has anyone had experience with this?

Thank you in advance for your help!

jonarteaga6

Sep 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi Spike Jones,

First off, I will try to answer your question. I have worked for a very popular carrier for 6 years now so I have some experience with this ;)

However, I am not sure I understood your question. From what I understood; You have an iPhone 6 Plus who you got from a friend and you would like to give this phone to one of your parents so that you can then use their upgrade since your line is not yet eligible. Am I understanding this correctly so far?

Your bill should only increase in this way: Cost of phone (ex. $750 for iPhone 7 Plus) / divided by length of installments (ex. 30 months, depending on your carrier). If we use a $750 phone divided by 30 months you are looking at paying $25/month for the phone. Again, all contigent upon your carrier options.

If I misunderstood the question let me know and maybe I can still give you the answer you are looking for. I explain installments and phone cost every day so I should be able to help.

Let me know if this information helps some.

SpikeJones

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi! Thank you for your help thus far.

I guess I made it a little bit too confusing, so I'll try my best to clarify.

I do want to give one of my parents my iPhone 6 Plus, but once I do (in December), I would be using my own upgrade since that's when I will have an upgrade.

I am assuming either way though, this can be done, but I mainly want to make sure that even though one of my parents is on a monthly payment plan that they can take a phone from me that is different than what they are paying for.

SandersJC1964

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Short answer, yes. They will still make their regular monthly payment but that would be independent of the device they have activated on their line.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77