Facebook Notification sound anyone?

iVader

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Just updated to 6.1 and still no sound when FB notifications arrive. It's VERY annoying! I hopped that it would be fixed in 6.1. And it's not on FB to blame - android app is working.
How is yours?

1962Mets

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I saw a post this morning on the Apple forums that someone upgraded to 6.1 and the FB sounds began to work.

I will try to upgrade when I am at home, since my phone is telling me it has to be on WiFi, and I can't do that here at my office.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I saw a post this morning on the Apple forums that someone upgraded to 6.1 and the FB sounds began to work.

I will try to upgrade when I am at home, since my phone is telling me it has to be on WiFi, and I can't do that here at my office.

Are you sure it says you HAVE to be on WiFi? Usually that pop up is just a notice that being on WiFi is better for your battery, and that you shouldn't do the over-the-air update if you're low on power.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure it says you HAVE to be on WiFi? Usually that pop up is just a notice that being on WiFi is better for your battery, and that you shouldn't do the over-the-air update if you're low on power.

Yeah you have to be on wifi b/c the OTA update is larger than the download limit Apple has in place for mobile data.