wired ISP issues

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
has anyone else noticed their ISP internet provider being slow? Mine is cox communications in oklahoma. do you think the residential services are really slammed because of covid or they just say that since everyone is staying home and doing virtual learning

I was doing a zoom Bible study tonight and my Internet froze (even on wired) at one point saying my Internet was unstable. I was also streaming and it was buffering. At one point my iPad to even dropped

Last edited:

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
it just seems like a cop out to me since everyone else is blaming everything on COVID-19. I was just wondering what you guys thought

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
it just seems like a cop out to me since everyone else is blaming everything on COVID-19. I was just wondering what you guys thought

It’s possible, but it’s also possible that they were experiencing technical problems. It happens.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Also, keep in mind that depending on the access technology you're using, your direct neighbours will impact your Internet connectivity.
Here, I have in mind shared media, such as WiFi and cable (unless the latter changed).

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Honestly my Netgear router did a lot better several years ago then my modem/router (what cox Communications calls panoramic Wi-Fi). I read a article about three years ago saying that most people don’t want to take the time to learn about the routers or whatever they just want to have it work. if you know what I mean, I’m not that type of person, but for some reason they talked me into it