WinterBoard or No WinterBoard?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I?ve been reading online that Winterboard is the main culprit for slowing down or lag time with a JB'n device.
Now I got to admit, ever since I jailbroke I?ve been tweaking like crazy
but I?m considering uninstalling it to see ?IF? that may solve some minor issues I may have had in the past & eliminate anything for the future.

will this help the navigation only?

Thoughts?...

Last edited:

Slone

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
I notice a difference with winterboard installed on my first gen but with my 3GS the difference isn't noticable, I don't have it installed anyway, it was responsible for for my phone crashing and random restarts

joesant324

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I have a 3G and and I think the winterboard theme I had installed was responsible for it crashing. I'm gonna re-jb and just use winterboard less and see if that helps.

BENGRIMM

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
I Have a 3G and run Winterboard with some preety elaborate themes , I do notice a little slowness in response time , but its worth it .

Intelliscreen also slows the phone down a bit .

joesant324

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Anyone notice themes and tweaks more likely to crash than others. For instance i was running Carbon Ovation when I crashed the first time. Thoughts?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have Winterboard I use it only to have my wallpaper on my homescreens I don't notice any lag at all. When I get bored I apply a theme or two and I do get a tiny bit of lag. I think Winterboard will not cause lag but depending on how many things you apply and how many things the theme customizes you'll probably get respective lag.

AarontheRed

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I had a lot of problems with Winterboard on my jailbroken 3G. It would crash fairly often, but the main thing I noticed was that it would take 4-5 seconds after pushing the home button to exit an app whenever Winterboard was enabled. This drove me crazy, so I just stopped using Winterboard entirely and the problems went away.

I just got a 3GS a couple of days ago, and so far have had no problems with Winterboard whatsoever - it works great! I love being able to theme my phone again.

Last edited:

9design

Nov 21, 2009
ilifevn.blogspot.com
I have a 3G and and I think the winterboard theme I had installed was responsible for it crashing. I'm gonna re-jb and just use winterboard less and see if that helps.

Indygangsta

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
ive had winterboard on my 3gs since i jailbroke, it was one of the main reason i did. have used illumine and a few others currently have the carbon ovation. the theme is a b**** to set up but its great. alot of people complain abt lag while using this theme but i have experienced very little. and it is a pretty demanding theme

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I Have a 3G and run Winterboard with some preety elaborate themes , I do notice a little slowness in response time , but its worth it.

this is the exact same situation for me.
in fact i uninstalled winterboard earlier this week and yeah I may have gained a second or two in navigation time but it's a small price to pay to have a cool set up.
i am glad this had no affect on my web browsing.
so i went back to WB, the tweaking continues!