Will the iPhone be damaged if it's in the freezer a lot?

nds123

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I work at McDonalds, and I have to go into the walk in freezer several times a day. I'm worried that the constant change in temperature will damage my iPhone 5s. I go into the freezer from anywhere to 20 seconds to 5 minutes and then back into the hot sweaty kitchen at least up to 10 times a day. I do like having my phone in my pocket all day, but I am concerned.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I work at McDonalds, and I have to go into the walk in freezer several times a day. I'm worried that the constant change in temperature will damage my iPhone 5s. I go into the freezer from anywhere to 20 seconds to 5 minutes and then back into the hot sweaty kitchen at least up to 10 times a day. I do like having my phone in my pocket all day, but I am concerned.

You should be fine. As long as you're not in there for a long period of time. If it's in your pocket, it shouldn't be getting too cold while you're in there. Just don't set it down and forget about it! :)

PinkBanana

Dec 2, 2009
Visit site
You shouldn't have your phone on you if you work in a shop or a restaurant anyway. They should be left in a locker so they're kept safe. That's what we're told where I work anyway. :rolleyes:

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Don't leave it in there, but if its in your pocket, you have bigger problems if the phone dies from cold.

Fwiw, I got home from work after driving through a nasty storm for 2 hours, and forgot my phone in the car, last winter. It was -45 outside. It sat in the car for a full 12 hours and it was just fine.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I had an iPhone 4s ( my old phone ) sit in the console of my truck all last winter and I live in canada with super cold winters and when I decided to give it to my daughter it fired up no problem in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I work in a grocery store in the dairy and frozen department and my managers both have their phones in their pockets. The temp drops to anywhere from -10 to -20 F, but both the Nexus 5 and the iPhone 5s still work perfectly to my knowledge :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You shouldn't have your phone on you if you work in a shop or a restaurant anyway. They should be left in a locker so they're kept safe. That's what we're told where I work anyway. :rolleyes:
Theoretically good advice - unless the lockers are symbolism over substance...

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Heat will kill a battery permanently, cold will reduce the output temporarily.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB