Why is my Apple Music Library Empty After iOS 11 Update?

I

iMore Question

Installed iOS 11 on 3 iPhone’s

2 iPhone’s Apple Music works fine, on 1 I have this issue:

Library is empty, if I search for my playlists and downloaded songs they are found and can be played.
I have done an upgrade – have problem and then a fresh install – still have problem.

Only difference between the iPhones is the 2 that work have subscribed to Apple Music directly through Apple. The iPhone with the issue has the Music subscription through the carrier (EE in the UK).

What is strange is when you click “Edit” in the library the screen does not come up with anything to edit, you can click “Done” again screen stays the same, like it is not refreshing?

Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Apple Music Library Empty After iOS 11 Update

Disable iCloud Music Library and enable it back.
This should in theory solve your issue.

M_K_R

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site

Hi - I tried that it shows loading library then goes blank.
If I open Music on my watch (Updated also) I can see my playlists and listen to them.

I have also posted on the Apple forums and a few others have the same issue.

But thanks anyway for your reply.

M_K_R

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site

One more thing to add, I just switched off iCloud Music Library and restarted then enabled it again, all my songs but 1 are now deleted. strange.

M_K_R

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site

Hmm ok this is strange now.

As I download the deleted songs if I go back to the library everythingis there.
As soon as downloading is finished the library is empty again and as before all songs there to play just not showing in the library, almost like some screen refreshing issue?

theoapo

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

I also had this issue and it drove me crazy to the point that I DFUed iOS11!

What "fixed" it, was adding a single song to it without adding to a playlist!
Till today, I used my Library by creating playlists and adding songs in them.
This way I had zero songs IN my Library "uncategorized" and all of then were in playlists!

So it should be a bug with Music Library on the iPhone because my iPad is displaying all my playlists normally.

Maybe you're using your Library with playlists too?

M_K_R

Mar 30, 2017
Visit site

This way I had zero songs IN my Library "uncategorized" and all of then were in playlists!

So it should be a bug with Music Library on the iPhone because my iPad is displaying all my playlists normally.

Spot on - Yes I only have playlists in my Library, adding 1 single song shows everything again.
All works fine on the iPad without having to add a song, only playlists show fine.

So in the new iOS they have a bug in which Apple Music will not show only playlists in the library on an iPhone... how could this type of bug get through to a final release?

theoapo

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

Spot on - Yes I only have playlists in my Library, adding 1 single song shows everything again.
All works fine on the iPad without having to add a song, only playlists show fine.

So in the new iOS they have a bug in which Apple Music will not show only playlists in the library on an iPhone... how could this type of bug get through to a final release?

Honestly I don't know what kind of beta testing they're doing and how they could have missed that.

The worst thing is that I reported this bug to the Apple Bug Reporter site and they're asking for diagnostics!
It's a simple thing to try and see for yourself!

tomahawk1277

Sep 28, 2017
Visit site

This fixed mine: Settings-> iTunes & App Store -> Sign out and back in.

After upgrading to iOS 11.0.1, all my music disappeared and the "iCloud Music Library" switch in Music settings was stuck at OFF.

My "iTunes & App Store" settings page actually showed me as signed out, for some reason. Signing in fixed the problem and allowed me to turn on "iCloud Music Library". Hope this helps someone else.

andrearail

Oct 20, 2017
Visit site

htmanning

Jan 12, 2010
www.iBlastPhone.com

Not mine.

My playlists were not syncing with my iPhone X running iOS 11.2.1. They sync to all other Macs and iPhones running iOS 10 or lower, but not iOS 11. I turned off iCloud Music Library, rebooted, then turned it back on. Now none of my playlists are there. I added an entire album, and still nothing. Most of my 25GB of downloaded music is gone without only 930mb being listed, and no playlists exist.

I logged out of the iTunes and App Store and back in again, and still nothing.

htmanning

Jan 12, 2010
www.iBlastPhone.com

This seems to have fixed it for me - Settings > Music > Cellular Data - Turn on for Streaming or Downloads or both. Ridiculous. This bug caused my to go way over my data allotment a few years go. Apple supposedly fixed the bug, but now it's back in a related form. Apparently iCloud Music Library is reliant on Cellular Data being on for Music for some reason.

johnsos24

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site

I'm having the same problem with my iPhone X nothing is updating in my music library and turning cellular ON did not help either. I've restored my phone from a backup with NO luck. I have an iPhone 6 where the music has been updating perfectly. Any help would be appreciated!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jp8