Why is iTunes taking money out of my bank account when I have made no purchases?

I

iMore Question

Recently iTunes have been taking money out of my bank account when I have made no purchases on iTunes or anywhere else e.g. the App store, I'm not too sure how I can stop this from happening, the first time I tried changing my iTunes password but it has happened again since and I'm not sure how I can get a refund because I cannot click the purchase I want a refund for because I haven't made any.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore! We are not affiliated with Apple so we can't answer that for you. I recommend contacting your bank and filing a claim as soon as possible.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The first sure way is to make sure in iTunes for security you have set up that you must put you APPLE ID when you ask for a purchase and the second is to ask for a purchase record to prove a refund. Is anyone or are you on a family sharing plan in iTunes?Do you allow anyone to to use your acct? All questions you need to answer.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The first sure way is to make sure in iTunes for security you have set up that you must put you APPLE ID when you ask for a purchase and the second is to ask for a purchase record to prove a refund. Is anyone or are you on a family sharing plan in iTunes?Do you allow anyone to to use your acct? All questions you need to answer.

If OP files a claim with his/her bank it's up to Apple to prove that the charges were authorized.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If you're on a recurring payment like Apple Music, that could be it.

If you want to check recurring items, open the App Store on your phone / iPad and scroll down to your Apple ID. Tap it and enter your password. On the resulting page tap "manage subscriptions" and see if something is there on a recurring basis.

Are you getting any email receipts from Apple?