Why Apple let me down with the retina mini

brhume

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I guess my take on the whole image retention thing is "meh". I ran the test and after 10 minutes on that pattern, then switching to a solid grey screen, I did see the pattern for a few seconds. So what? I don't use my iPad that way. I don't use any device that way.

Thank you for your answer.
I understand your point, but a lot of users see the pattern persistent on the grey a few minutes... That's why they believe it's a defect... Even if they will hardly notice it in real use.

@NexusGirlX:
Did you aslo did the test ?

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
@NexusGirlX:
Did you aslo did the test ?

I did the test on the original 32GB Retina mini but I exchanged it for the 128GB Retina Mini a few weeks ago and didn't see the need to do the test. I have left a page open on an iBook for over ten minutes while I was doing other things and came back and flipped the page. Never saw any of the previous text on the screen.

It's stupid to look for imaginary problems.

brhume

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
It's stupid to look for imaginary problems.

I take your point ;)
Thank you for your answer.

Indeed... I've the same experience with iBook. Never saw any IR.

Guess I just have to forget about having done this test... My screen is perfect and, btw, exchanging will lead @99% either to one of the same kind, or to a worst one, with yellowing, dead pixels, dust, uneven colors or ... others... :biggrin:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77