who's planning on rolling naked with their 5??

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just installed my MedialDevil rear protection. I feel like even when I'm "naked" I need something on the phone for putting it down on the table

grassyblue

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I got some Tech Armor screen protectors off of Amazon on that actually feel pretty darn good. I tried going naked, but that lasted for all of 2 minutes. I just couldn't bear my screen getting scratched up. The glass is pretty strong, but many scratches are really on that oleophobic coating and it's not as if I have some of that coating just sitting around the house.

So as a compromise, I just go with the Tech Armors on the screen and then a really thin case like the Caudabe Veil. Retains basically the same look and feel, but at least protects from scratches.

boldBud

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I've literally tried 10 different cases. Some I liked, some I didn't. Least favourite was by far the LifeProof. For the past month I've gone naked with a Zagg on.

This iPhone is about 3.5 months old. I had gone through two before it in the 1.5 month period. This one is actually the least damaged. A coupe chips around the edges and the rear glass panels one has a scratch that was actually caused from a case.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Just got my first ding. Well, just noticed it. Must've hit something when it fell behind the bed last because I fell asleep looking at the forums. Got a slight gouge in the vibrate switch and what appears to be a small dent. Oh well

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My black phone runs naked. I do have a screen saver on it, but it is perfect. I may remove the screen saver because it seems to be yellowing.

ndaniel1

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
My 5 rolls naked at home but when I'm at work I have a belkin flip case on it. I normally have a screen protector on it but took my last one off on Thurs but might put one on before work on Tues.
Working where I work there's a lot of dust everywhere so like to protect it at work but no need at home.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I rocked with a J Crew case for about a week but just took it back off. Lol

Hated see particles of dust sitting in areas between the phone and case that require case removal to clean.

ckalli

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought the white one just so that i dont have to get a cover.. no scratches like the black (visible anyway)

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I am to rough with my handsets to leave them naked. They get little nicks in the shell and it drives me crazy. To me it's like it went from new to (ab)used in just one nick.

dnalevelc

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
As much as I love the look of the phone naked, I just can't do it. I want my phone to look pristine when I go to sell it. I do love looking at it but I know the moment I go without a case I will do something stupid and break it. I took the otterbox case off of my Galaxy S II once cause I loved the naked feel on that and I dropped it and shattered the screen. Never again.

dieselboy28

May 1, 2009
Visit site
I was using my 5 naked for 4 months but I just had it replaced due to a faulty power button and now I'm using a slim case. It has minimal protection but I think it will prevent scratches on the chamfered edges.

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am disabled so my phone doesn't get out much. lol I used to carry it in a wallet type case when I went out, otherwise only with a screen protector. Today I put it in a hard case mate. I like the look.

ksison

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
currently "rolling naked" with my 5... love the feel and form of the phone, but hate the chips and scratches on the black sides

rayjeremyyy

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
My iPhone is living naked but i've managed to get a British flag skin on the back yet soon will be removing the front side and maybe i'll go without screen protector.. Any suggestion? Go without one or with one?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emii28