Who uses an iPhone as their ONLY Apple Device?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Thanks! Which app did you use on Android? I'd like to look into it before I make the switch. My corporate email syncs through Exchange flawlessly on Android and I thought a personal Microsoft account would be the same.

You're welcome.
I use Nine. It's a paid app, which gives a free 2 week trial but can range from 9.99 to 14.99 (one time payment), depending if there's a promo or not going on. Nine has always been wonderful for me and with my 2 personal accounts, all's good.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
So basically what you're telling me is that I should just jump into the whole of the Apple ecosystem?! I think I would like a Mac, honestly. But I also don't have the funds for a $1300 laptop. 4 kids, mortgage, two car payments, other fun stuff, etc. Means no extra for a laptop of that price. The one thing I don't like about the Apple Watch, well I guess there are two things, is that it looks too techy (I'm a regular watch lover) and that I can't use it to control my Google Play Music like I could if I was using Apple Music.

Not at all. I understand your situation and don't have a problem with it at all. I was trying to convey how a couple of Apple products (the Watch & MacBook Air/Pro) could compliment your iPhone as well as be useful with regard to your Google services. I didn't mean for it to come across as a sales pitch or anything.

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
MacBooks are staggeringly expensive. It's better to wait until you actually need one, rather than buying one now just in case you decide you use an Apple service in the future that is not available on other devices.

I can agree with that....:cool:

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
You're welcome.
I use Nine. It's a paid app, which gives a free 2 week trial but can range from 9.99 to 14.99 (one time payment), depending if there's a promo or not going on. Nine has always been wonderful for me and with my 2 personal accounts, all's good.
Thanks, I'll check it out!

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I only have my iPhone 6. Looking to hopefully upgrade soon to an iPhone 8, the ear piece is giving me problems. And it never makes a day on a single charge.
I am also heavily invested in Google.
I have a Google Home, which was a Christmas gift, a Chromecast,and several apps.
There are also decent deals on Google Play Movies, and Music.
Movies Anywhere is great also, you’re not restricted to one ecosystem for movie purchases.
Now all we need is a Music Anywhere app.
My only issue with my one Apple device, and I apologize for sounding like a broken record.
There are still some limitations unless you own a PC or Mac.
Google Play Music is one example.
I want to do a trial subscription, but you cannot cancel on the iPhone.
And you cannot import your music library either, nor can you create playlists. I don’t need a lot of devices.
I have my Apple TV, and it compliments the YouTube TV app very well for us cord cutters.

Last edited:

MrJustastic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think you should be fine and happy with getting as much Apple hardware as you like, or not. It's similar to your iPhone; the Apple ecosystem is there, but you can use Google too if you want. I sync to Apple Photos, and Google and Flickr...

Benefits in being in the Apple ecosystem yourself, is you will be in sync with everything you do. Photos in particular, but notes, bookmarks, open browser tabs. But most everything else has it's own sync now and cloud services are being more and more platform agnostic. All those syncs I just mentioned can be done through other services.

Negatives might be that it's harder to sync with others. Or maybe not as Google is on most things.. And for the limited things you'd want to sync with others, I'm sure you'll be fine. So this negative might not even exist.

So go with what you like. If you love your iPhone, you'll very likely love the other hardware too.

If you ever change your mind, most everything can be migrated too. Unless you buy a tv show or book...

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
That seems to be common to be told that around here.

Well this is a forum full of Apple enthusiasts. I'd image a lot of us have multiple Apple products and enjoy our set ups. So it's common to see such recommendations on a forum full of Apple fans.

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Well this is a forum full of Apple enthusiasts. I'd image a lot of us have multiple Apple products and enjoy our set ups. So it's common to see such recommendations on a forum full of Apple fans.
I was referring to the blind fanbois who are in denial about superior choices available.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Charging my watch is hardly a burden when considering the convenience it provides throughout the day.

While I understand your perspective, to me it’s just another thing that needs to be charged too often. I am also a mechanical watch enthusiast and enjoy the marvel they are in craftsmanship and how they are charged by movement. Maybe someday the Apple Watch will charge that way too.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That seems to be common to be told that around here.

Nah....What is commonly told around here is for a person to do what is best for him or her. A good deal of us who frequent this forum, as you already know, prefer Apple products more than others, but not in all things and that’s why we hang out here. I find it disrespectful and classless to enter a forum full of people who prefer product A and start spouting off how superior product B is. “Better” doesn’t automatically equate to “preferred”. Remember VHS vs Betamax?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
While I understand your perspective, to me it’s just another thing that needs to be charged too often. I am also a mechanical watch enthusiast and enjoy the marvel they are in craftsmanship and how they are charged by movement. Maybe someday the Apple Watch will charge that way too.

Like you, I am amazed at the craftsmanship of mechanical watches, but I am also amazed at the craftsmanship of the smart watch. A good mechanical watch will always out-value a smart watch, in my opinion, however, that doesn’t mean the smart watch doesn’t have any value to the user. As for as charging is concerned, is using sunlight, a removable battery or winding it up is no different than plugging it in for a fresh start.....At least not to me.

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
Like you, I am amazed at the craftsmanship of mechanical watches, but I am also amazed at the craftsmanship of the smart watch. A good mechanical watch will always out-value a smart watch, in my opinion, however, that doesn’t mean the smart watch doesn’t have any value to the user. As for as charging is concerned, is using sunlight, a removable battery or winding it up is no different than plugging it in for a fresh start.....At least not to me.

No winding, sun or battery is needed. Just move your wrist and never worry about it.
Smart watches do have modern value, no doubt. I’m just a bit old fashioned and like to use tools from the past like fountain pens and double edge razors. I think they give a better experience overall. But I stop at the horse and buggy or telephone on top of a pole. 🤣

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No winding, sun or battery is needed. Just move your wrist and never worry about it.
Smart watches do have modern value, no doubt. I’m just a bit old fashioned and like to use tools from the past like fountain pens and double edge razors. I think they give a better experience overall. But I stop at the horse and buggy or telephone on top of a pole. 🤣

(Laughing)....I hear ya and in I’m in agreement with you...

ItnStln

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Nah....What is commonly told around here is for a person to do what is best for him or her. A good deal of us who frequent this forum, as you already know, prefer Apple products more than others, but not in all things and that’s why we hang out here. I find it disrespectful and classless to enter a forum full of people who prefer product A and start spouting off how superior product B is. “Better” doesn’t automatically equate to “preferred”. Remember VHS vs Betamax?

There's nothing wrong with preference, but what is wrong is the blind fanboism and denial about other products being superior in some cases. I see what you mean though, I wouldn't go to Glock Talk and bash Glock and praise SIG Sauer nor would I go to SIG Arms Talk and bash SIG Sauer and praise Glock. For the record I participate in both because I like Glock's striker fired pistols and I also like SIG Sauer's pistols except for their striker fired options. You're right, "better" doesn't automatically equate to "preferred" although that is, in some cases, where the blind fanboism comes in.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with preference, but what is wrong is the blind fanboism and denial about other products being superior in some cases. I see what you mean though, I wouldn't go to Glock Talk and bash Glock and praise SIG Sauer nor would I go to SIG Arms Talk and bash SIG Sauer and praise Glock. For the record I participate in both because I like Glock's striker fired pistols and I also like SIG Sauer's pistols except for their striker fired options. You're right, "better" doesn't automatically equate to "preferred" although that is, in some cases, where the blind fanboism comes in.
I rarely if ever come across blind fanboy-ism. Besides, I think there's a fine line between a fanboy and a completely satisfied customer. I'll use myself as an example. I have used numerous brands of smartphone and computers over the years. My very first iPhone was an iPhone 3G, but I bought it at a time when I was all in with Blackberry. Anyway, when I purchased the iPhone 4S, I found contentment with it and iOS 5. I'm fully aware that Apple doesn't typically do things first and I understand that there are numerous devices that are better spec'd, more customizable, have better options and are less expensive. Yet, I choose to stick with the iPhone. It's not out of loyalty or that I'm locked to its ecosystem. It's because I find the iPhone and iOS to be the best fit for me. It's really that simple. The iPhone and iOS are not perfect, but they are perfect for me...at this time. That's not blind fanboy-ism. That's someone who has owned a mobile phone since 1989 and have finally discovered the right device for him since initially leaving the Blackberry brand back in 2008.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
The truth of the matter is that either ecosystems can do virtually anything the other can and it is just a matter of preference. The only items that should match is your cell phone and smartwatch. They do not play well with each other.

My family is 100% Apple and I am Iphone for daily driver and Macbook for computer and Apple watch.. but love some of the new Android phones. The new Samsung S9 is a BEAST!!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77