Where do I get a SIM card for iPhone4?

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
My cousin has an iPhone4 in Chile, South America. She is getting it unlocked and is coming to NYC to study for a year. Where do I get her a SIM card? I'm guessing it would only work on AT&T? How do I go about getting it to work in NYC or is it easier/better to just start a contract here?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You’re going to need service to use a SIM, so you’ll get a SIM when you sign up... either contract or prepaid...

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
You?re going to need service to use a SIM, so you?ll get a SIM when you sign up... either contract or prepaid...

A prepaid contract can be purchased at AT&T? Since she'll be pretty much be using wifi at home and at school she only needs to make calls/text if she's in an emergency

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
A prepaid contract can be purchased at AT&T? Since she'll be pretty much be using wifi at home and at school she only needs to make calls/text if she's in an emergency

Yes AT&T has a prepaid monthly plan. I checked on one for a relative that lives outside the US. I would wait until she gets to NY.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Since the phone will be unlocked, she can go into any mobile store and get a prepaid sim on any carrier - AT&T, T-Mo, or any of the local GSM carriers.

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Cool, thanks for the responses guys. Looks like T-Mo is the best bet, 1000 mins good for 1 year and she can use wifi for data at the college she's attending. If she needs to go away she can do the unlimited text, talk and web for $3 a day. She gets here next week so I just wanted to have all the info for when she gets here. Thanks again for the info

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizayoni