When is the iPhone view coming back?

jr3153

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
I go to this website on a daily basis. It's probably the one I got to second most. I realize last week that WWDC was going on so the iPhone optimized view was disabled. My question is when is it coming g back? I really prefer it better than the reguslr one. Since it has been disabled I have found myself not viewing the website because it is a pain in my rear to zoom in and out to view stories when I am used to the iPhone optimized format.

Can anyone clue me in on when it's coming back?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
The short answer is we had to do a lot of updates to keep the sight going under the WWDC load, and the iPhone version of the site is very unhappy about that. We're working hard to woo it back into full functionality -- we love it too -- and hopefully we'll have it back soon!

jr3153

Dec 20, 2008
Visit site
Thanks Rene for the Update. I really enjoy the information that I get here. I will be waiting for it to come back online. Take care

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
iPhone version uses less bandwidth but is incompatible with bandwidth saving caches we're using to keep the whole site up. Irony, oh so bitter...

vhyman

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi Rene,
I clicked on a story on my iphone and the page was mobile theme formated. I clicked back to the main page and the mobile theme was gone. Is there an eta for its return? I miss it so.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Mobile Version has been back up for a while now, but some users aren't getting it some times. What makes it so frustrating for them -- and us -- is that we haven't figured out why or what pattern. Intermittent problems are the hardest to track down.

It could just be that our current cache still isn't playing nicely with the iPhone version.

We're on it, and apologies for the frustration some users are experiencing :(

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
I just went to it on mobile Safari but didn't see the option? Where is it? And maybe the cookie settings on mobile Safari are messing it up or something?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
I didn't do anything on my iPhone. But the mobile/iPhone site just started coming up for me again a week or so ago. Still coming up this morning fine as well.

c0mpguru

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
I get the mobile site sometimes, but when I click to go to the blog, it reverts back to the web version. I miss the mobile version :(