What's Your Take on the VIVE Pro?

Greenfire999

Apr 2, 2018
Visit site
Looks like an amazing product, but I dont know if our current tech can handle it yet (At least for mine for sure).

Knowing that VR is relatively new and the tech is advancing faster each year, I feel our current tech is going to bottleneck the performance of the Pro and purchasing any new hardware upgrades will cost as much as a new mid-range PC build.

So far, I can only see production companies buying the Pro because of its accuracy and better tracking for their already powerful builds. As for regular consumers (gamers), it might be a pain to have your computer handle streaming a wireless peripheral, along with 1600p displays and graphics.

Not knocking the product. I'm just jealous my PC can't handle that much awesomeness. :lips-sealed:

badelhas

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
From what I have read, the increased resolution is nice but they use the same lenses. And the real problem remais: there are no real AAA VR games, just a couple of ports :(

richiegore

Mar 23, 2018
Visit site
I think it really is intended for pros at the moment. When the lighthouse 2.0 system is complete there will be a proper consumer bundle at a more reasonable price. Valve really need to try catch oculus on the software side though before I would buy one over a rift.

LtDarthWookie

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site
While it may be difficult for games to run at the higher resolution without some serious hardware the higher res screens should provide for a better movie experience and a better experience using anything with text. Apart from that from what I've read it's more comfortable.

Sim83

Apr 10, 2018
Visit site
I'm partial to HTC and I would like experience something better than a smart phone VR, but to tell ya the truth the backpack is a deal breaker for me, if they could just make a self contained unit with the same power and make it affordable I would go for it, it would be good if it were mixed reality as well.

Belle_Celeste

Apr 7, 2018
Visit site
I mean, if someone is super rich, it seems like a great improvement over the Vive!

For us on a budget, not only is it expensive to buy up-front, it also requires a huge investment to build up your PC some more in comparison to its predecessor.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll