What's Apple's plan for July 11th?

joshboldman

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
In store activation that they have not trained for yet. It is only going to take one family plan with porting two numbers from Verizon to cause chaos. Can anyone say it is Tuesday already?

If they roll out 2.0, I will stay home and play with that on WiFi. I do not have 3G in any case. I care more about 2.0 than 3G in any case. Of course that is a big "if." Nevermind that there is not much info on the phone, the only thing that I have heard on 2.0 is that the stores will have to install it on the demos. Said another way, the phones did not ship with 2.0.

Yeah, you know, I've heard the same thing that the stores will have to update the demos to run 2.0. Is that a security measure so that no one sees the mighty 2.0 before launch? And then what about the ones that are for sale? Did they ship with 2.0? I've got to think they did, but then again, perhaps that's part of the activation process. Maybe when you activate it, the firmware is actually installed in the store? I don't know, that just sounds too complicated and too much potential to get screwed up.

illjazz

Jul 6, 2008
Visit site
Yeah, you know, I've heard the same thing that the stores will have to update the demos to run 2.0. Is that a security measure so that no one sees the mighty 2.0 before launch? And then what about the ones that are for sale? Did they ship with 2.0? I've got to think they did, but then again, perhaps that's part of the activation process. Maybe when you activate it, the firmware is actually installed in the store? I don't know, that just sounds too complicated and too much potential to get screwed up.
I'm sure updating the demo units to 2.0 won't be hard. I bet they have some way to mass deploy 2.0 across a bunch of devices all at the same time in the back room behind the Genius Bar or something.. do they actually already have demo iPhone 3Gs at stores? If not, they might get shipments of iPhone 3Gs already running 2.0 Thursday night and then simply put them up for display before the launch on Friday. The latter scenario sounds even simpler than the former to me, and by extension, more likely.

iPhone 3G's that will go on sale on Friday are all preloaded with 2.0. Anything else makes no sense. Part of the activation process? Huh? Not a chance. Besides, that doesn't even make sense.. firmware 2.0 is pre-installed on iPhone 3Gs. End of story!

tankgunk

Jul 8, 2008
Visit site
It comes to mind that Apple's plan for July 11th is to make as much money as they can from the iPhone 3G launch without causing injury or breaking any laws. If you want the real answer, it's to have the people in the orange shirts guide you through getting your iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeahWells