What were some of the reasons you returned an iPhone for a replacement?

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
When I bought my last iPhone 6 Plus, I was so excited about going to iOS yet again and it was my third iPhone 6 Plus. But as the sales rep was putting my screen protector he somehow was able to bring the camera onto the counter. It didn't affect the actual camera lens. But it did grind the paint from it. I didn't notice this until I got home. But I returned the 6 Plus and got the 6. What are some of the various or even weird reasons you have returned your iPhone for a replacement?

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The only iPhone I've ever returned was a 3GS when the headphone jack went out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mlo22

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
My first had a tiny chip inside of the camera lens. My second, the screen stopped responding only the middle part would work so my keyboard lagged and i couldn't pull down the notification tab. (Tried reboots, resets, reset as new iPhone, everything). Had the screen replaced, 3 days later my button would stick and wouldn't pop back up. I take care of all of my devices so they last many years but I had a rocky start with the 6. But I received another replacement and this one works great. Thankfully. Really made me miss my 4s..it was old but worked so good! Never any problems.

blackmagicwoman

Trusted Member
Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Because I was trying to get used to carrying my 6 naked. I had many cases but I thought it was too pretty to be hidden. Scurrying off to work in a hurry and forgot to take it out of my daily planner. Walked down the stairs and she tumbled 4 times down the concrete steps. I wa afraid to pick it up. If was facedown and cracked. Couldn't live with the 5 cracks. Took it in prepared to have a screen replaced and walked out new phone in hand. No problem. Their response was come back and visit us again. 🏾

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I almost replaced my iPhone 4. The bottom speaker would not work for games and etc. After Verizon sent a replacement, I figured it out. Sent the replacement back. LOL

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
My iPhone 6 screen would 'click' when pressing on certain areas as if it was not secure or something internally was broken. Also, my 'silent mode' switch on the side was not working properly and was VERY touchy. I could blow on it and it would almost switch back and forth.

Made a genius appointment and they told me that if it was just the screen issue, they would replace my screen, but since my switch was having issues as well, they just replaced it out with a new one. They didn't test/check these things I described, they just did it, no questions asked.

The replacement phone had a malfunctioning antenna/SIM port issue. It wasn't more that getting home before I turned right around to go back to Apple. My phone would switch back and forth from service to 'No Service' to 'Searching...' I first did a pit stop in AT&T to have them do a SIM card replacement but that didn't fix the issue- they advised it must be a faulty device. As soon as I walked into Apple, they welcomed me back, apologized and wasn't in there more than 5 minutes with another brand new replacement. This one is perfect, just had a run of bad luck with those two devices.

Lesson learned: pay for AppleCare, it's well worth it- and Apple's customer service is fantastic.

sdc1

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone 4s developed a line on the screen from top to bottom at about 5 months old. I took it in and Apple switched it on the spot. The customer service is one of the reasons I use Apple products.

misterbb1

Aug 16, 2015
Visit site
Just had my iPhone 5 replaced due to a swollen battery....I thought the home button wasn't working properly but it was the battery pushing the screen and making the button work intermittently due to the increased distance between the contact points....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Reasons you have returned an iPhone for a replacement

I've never had to return an iPhone. They've been perfect. I can't say that for other devices I've owned.

Certainly not. I've had to return Motorola devices. And then there was the incredible amazing bricking BlackBerry 99xx line. Three of those bricked.

And no it wasn't user error. There were plenty of those bricking 99xx when it launched.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Certainly not. I've had to return Motorola devices. And then there was the incredible amazing bricking BlackBerry 99xx line. Three of those bricked.

And no it wasn't user error. There were plenty of those bricking 99xx when it launched.

Sent from my GORGEOUS, SEXY, AWESOME Gold 128G iPhone 6

I don't know where to start with my old BlackBerry devices. I think the only one I didn't return was my 8330. That thing was a workhorse. I still have it in a drawer.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've had to swap a few over the years for dead pixels, camera went bad, my 6+ bent, and wife's 6+ arrived with a heavy scratch on the screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I've had to swap a few over the years for dead pixels, camera went bad, my 6+ bent, and wife's 6+ arrived with a heavy scratch on the screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That sucks to have your phone damaged right out of the box.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've returned the iPhone 6plus, iPhone 5s due to 1) Bluetooth not working on my 6plus
2) hideous battery life on iPhone 5s.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigBawseEB