What phone did you have before your iPhone?

dokken2007#IM

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
What phone did you have before Iphone 3G?

I owned a Blackberry Bold.
I had 3 iphones, and 2 blackberry's prior to obtaining my current iphone. I missed the iphone everyday that I owned the Bold. Don't get me wrong, the Bold was an awesome phone, and was superb at emails, but other than that, it does not compare to the iphone at all.
Glad to be back in the iphone world !!

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
BlackBerry 8800 on AT&T. Man I loved that thing.
I loved my Treo 650 too but I would not think of going back. The first week in January Palm will make a major announcement about "newness" and I am hardly interested. I think that it is about 3G, GSM, Palm OS. I have waited three years for that and no longer care.

Last edited:

Txdogs

Jan 9, 2009
Visit site
If the iPhone didn't exist and BlackBerry had a better option of syncing with Macs, I wouldn't have any problem using a BB. However, the iPhone is the best phone device I've owned.

This is one of my major annoyances as well. My Bold wigged out on me last week, had to reload the OS on my daughter's ancient Windows notebook. They are constantly upgrading the OS on Blackberry devices and I will not install Windows on my MAC. No telling when they will have a DM for MAC.

My list, that I can remember:eek:
Treo 600
Razr
Blackjack
Iphone 2G
Blackberry Bold

phile

Dec 27, 2008
www.sector404.org
Until 3 weeks ago, I was using the very reliable MOTO KRZR K1m. However pleased I was with the KRZR, however, I will not be missing it... very happy with the iPhone 3g.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I loved my Treo 650 too but I would not think of going back. The first week in January Palm will make a major announcement about "newness" and I am hardly interested. I think that it is about 3G, GSM, Palm OS. I have waited three years for that and no longer care.

No GSM, No Palm OS.

BJoy

Jan 11, 2009
Visit site
Believe it or not for about 3 years only used a Trac Phone, as retired life put me in a mode of less need. But now with internet connection its a must !

BuddyDave

Dec 31, 2008
buddy.com
I've actually had Symbian, WinMo, Motorola and now the iPhone. I still miss the phone stability of the other platforms - the iPhone is an awesome portable internet device, but the phone experience is average at best, and (most commonly for me) downright crummy at worst. If I know I'll have a day of frequent and important phone calls, I'll slip my SIM back in my Samsung BlackJack II - most rock solid phone I've had. Too bad the browser sucks and there's no apps.

DadTo4XYs

Oct 27, 2008
Visit site
Blackberry 8700g dropped it cracked the screen went back to the Razr then got a hand-me-down 8700g then upgraded to an 8300 Curve before getting my iPhone in November. I do miss cut and paste and background apps, but I do not regret my choice.

Geaux

Jan 18, 2009
Visit site
Cingular 8525. Too bulky, which is why I changed to the iPhone. I love this thing, I don't think I'll ever own another phone besides an iPhone.

fendushi

Feb 4, 2009
Visit site
I was using a Nokia N95 8GB... I still have it as a spare phone.

Funny that cause I was using the original N95 before I switched to the 1st gen iPhone. :D

I miss the 5mp camera with decent quality video recording, cut/paste, mms, sending files via BT, offline GPS with pre loaded maps...

But I'll miss the iPhone's big screen, safari & browsing itunes on the go and rich email more if I give up the iPhone.

Maniacfive

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
My phone progression, (well smartphones) was as follows

Nokia 7650
SE P800
SE P900
SE P1i
iPhone 3G

Various other phones worked alongside those, and I was a huge fan of UIQ, but since the iPhone I've not missed any of it. (Except the stuff we all miss, like MMS and full bluetooth)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludogg23