What is the Nintendo Switch?

Breuklen

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Now that the buzz has died down a little is it still worth it?

It seems there's still plenty of buzz. At least in my circles. A couple people have it and a few want it but have spent so much on games and similar distractions. My nephew wants one, but my sis would forbid it till maybe after school is finished.

macpug

May 8, 2009
Visit site
My 10yr old cousin will love this! She desperately wanted the Switch but her mom got her a PS4 instead. I'll snag this and retain #favoritecousin title ;) I'll be interested to see how well it works as a tablet for even more versatility.

vanko987

Jun 13, 2017
Visit site
In my opinion, it's what the WiiU should have been. It's a portable game console like the PSP that has a dock that connects to your TV, so you can play at home on your TV and then on the switch on the go!

fury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
how does the Switch CPU compare to an iPhone 7 A10.

https://gfxbench.com/compare.jsp?be...&api2=metal&hwtype2=GPU&hwname2=Apple+A10+GPU

The Tegra X1 in the Switch is similar to the Nvidia Shield Android TV. There may be clock speed differences to account for, so take with a grain of salt. Note, however, the shield Android TV is using OpenGL and the iPhone in this comparison is using metal. Not sure what API the Switch uses.

Here's the A10 scores on several benchmarks (Tegra X1 included in some of the comparison charts)

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-A10-Fusion-GPU.173828.0.html

They seem to trade blows, GPU-wise. But the A10 CPU, being a fast 2+2 core design (2 high power, 2 low power--prolly doesn't use both sets at the same time) seems to edge out the CPU for the X1, which is a 4+4 design. At least, that's what Geekbench tells me. https://browser.geekbench.com/android-benchmarks

But the switch doesn't have to contend with Facebook, Snapchat, push notifications, etc., so that may make up for some

There's a lot of variables, though. With a big chassis and active cooling, Switch has more thermal headroom than the iPhone and may be able to sustain better performance over the long run. And its built in screen resolution is lower, so it can maintain a higher level of detail or frame rate (perhaps both) even if all things were equal.

It's hard to even guess without the ability to run benchmarks on the switch, and I doubt that'll ever happen, but I'm often wrong.

Muhammad Harun

Jul 23, 2017
Visit site
I think nintendo switch is a very futuristic console game ever. Imagine that you could play thousand of legendary nintendo game anywhere you want to. And while you at home, you can play it on the big tv with the dock.
How cool is that

abarrios24

Jul 26, 2017
Visit site
Speaking as a person who only plays video games every couple of years, the switch has definitely piqued my interest. It's portability being one of the most interesting features.

dnomyar81

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
It'n Nintendo taking all of its best selling points-handhelds, good IPs, fun with friends, bad internet services...
and putting them all in one console. they hope it will sell like the DS download.jpg

Alessandro Capitano

Jul 31, 2017
Visit site
I was also wondering The Nintendo Switch's local multiplayer capabilities, could you purchase more controllers to play with more people or would you have to purchase another console just to play multiplayer.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy