What features do you think will be included in iOS 7? You can be featured in blog post!!!

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: What features do you think will be included in iOS 7?

I think there are "would like to have", and "must haves".

The must haves are features that are available on competing smartphone OS's that are seriously leaving iOS behind by not having it. It's especially holding it back from moving beyond just a media consumption tool into being an actual productivity work tool. Those would include (in my opinion):

- actionable notifications from the notification bar (i.e., reply to a text or delete an email from the notification bar). In the same vein, more granular control over the notification bar, being able to clear individual emails, etc instead of clearing the entire group.
- some form of local file repository, accessible by all apps that could use it. We don't *need* to have a full blown file system (though it would be nice), but we need to be able to save files to our device (such as documents, PDF files, etc) and be able to open those same files from any app that can use it. The current solution of file storage within an app is clunky, and lags far behind Android's offerings.
- better communication between apps - this is HUGE. Apps need a better method of communicating with each other. I want to be able to go into my photos app, and be able to choose to export a photo to whatever other app that can use it (not just facebook and twitter). There are other uses for this as well besides pictures. I understand the reason for Apple's silo'd approach to apps for stability reasons, but some changes need to be made to allow some communication between them. Again, Android's implementation is miles better in this regard.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Notification Center*

Accessible from lock screen.*
Lock screen widgets*
Sync NC notifications across devices (If the user reads on one device it doesn't appear on other devices as unread)*
3rd part yaccess to create widgets.*
Quick settings widget (wifi, Bluetooth, etc)*
Gesture controlled (swipe to delete)
Actionable notifications (reply to texts, etc)

Safari
Omnibar
Betterusername/ password saving (keychain access; see below)
Full screen mode on iPad*
Extensions

Camera App

Photo rewind feature (like blackberry to remove blinks)
Photosphere feature (like android)*

Settings

Keychain access (syncs with keychain access on Mac, editable, allow developer access)
User created gestures.*
Change system fonts/colors/theme/iMessage chat bubble colors
Guest mode/user login for iOS devices
Blackberry balance like work and home modes

App Store

Ability to delete core apps, re-download from store.*
Automatic updates for apps.*
New App Store design. Easier to discover apps

Spotlight+Siri

Integrated.*
Search medical databases
Allow developers to build into them*
Allow Siri to access apps like rdio to control music
Music tagging*
Search by photo
Allow users to type in spotlight to launch apps (like Alfred on the Mac), preform calculations, do status updates to various networks, etc. basically bring just type from web OS to spotlight.*

PassBook

Support for credit/debt cards, transit passes.*
Support for NFC hardware*

New system-wide UI

Automater For iOS*

Create workflows
Same basic functions as OS X version*

FaceTime*

Group FaceTime*
Screen sharing

Photo Streams

Allow friends to add to photo stream*
Add method of approving photos/comments to photo streams
Raise photo stream cap from 150 photos*

Sharing options*

If a user downloads pocket, add pocket to share menus. Allow debs to add their app to the share menu.*
Users can control which apps appear in the share menu via settings, can remove apps they don't want to appear in the share menu.*

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

The biggest thing for me is that iOS 7 needs to provide a way to transfer the contacts information to a car stereo system. Currently it supports a subset of the PBAP protocol/standard that allows the contact information to be displayed on the radio screen ("caller ID" function), but there is no way to transfer the contact phonebook to the radio memory via BT.

supratik

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
How many of you think Apple would underwhelm us again in June? Google seems unstoppable , new features and updates coming fast, Apple sitting like lemon on cash piles only.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

The biggest thing for me is that iOS 7 needs to provide a way to transfer the contacts information to a car stereo system. Currently it supports a subset of the PBAP protocol/standard that allows the contact information to be displayed on the radio screen ("caller ID" function), but there is no way to transfer the contact phonebook to the radio memory via BT.

Yes please!!

Sent from the collector home world.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dguc