What else can you do with the Switch other than playing games?

Jul 4, 2017
Visit site
As far as I know, I don't think there is anything else at the moment. I think they said they're hoping to get Netflix and Amazon Prime Video on there but they didn't say when!

Powerlinx Jetfire

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
There's currently only one non-game for the Switch. Niconico, Japan's largest video site, has an app that just launched this week. But that's a good sign that apps for others like YouTube and Netflix may follow.

Nintendo stated around the time of the console's launch that they wanted to focus first on making it a great gaming device and that other uses (web browser, video streaming, etc.) could follow eventually. It's a good choice, because secondary features are nice to have but not system-sellers. Most people already have multiple ways to watch Netflix on their TV and don't need another anyway, and a web browser on a game console's never going to rival the browser on a general purpose device like a Mac or iPad.

Last edited:

cifcif

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
They already have a capable browser for buying games from the eshop. I asume it's a matter of time before they actually allow you to browse the web outside their portal.

GlassHasMass

Jul 17, 2017
Visit site
Use the Joycons as a Hammer....jk :)

Something a friend of mine did was he bought it when it first launched and he's made a KILLING by renting it out to people who want to try it out.

bubble100100

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Nothing, yet. Nintendo says Netflix and stuff will probably be coming by the end of the year or something vague like that. If that's important to you then just wait 'til then.

IvanKaramazov

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
It's a killer gaming device, but as a tablet it's pretty lacking. I'm sure some video apps will come, but it doesn't seem like that's a focus for anybody at Nintendo.

jr866gooner

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I've been toying with the idea of a switch but not yet convinced! A device for Netflix? Could work well if you can use the Netflix app whilst plugged into the tv?