What do you think about Liam?

anon(5274906)

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
In yesterday's presentation, we saw Liam taking apart old iPhones. Immediately, mixed feelings came up. On one hand, it looked really cool - on the other hand I asked myself the following questions:

- Why not make longer lasting Phones?
- I see cracked iPhone screens all over - is the iPhone really as durable as they want us to believe?
- What about lightning-cables? Why not make them more durable?
- What about the new MacBook? (Doesn't look that fixable according to iFixit.)

One thing I like about the iPhone is that fixing a cracked screen is quite simple. You couldn't say that about a Samsung phone. Then again, a samsung screen doesn't crack as easily. Plus, some other companies still build phones with switchable batteries - what about that?

What are your thougths on the the durability of the iphone and it's eco-friendliness in terms of recycling?

njlx2016

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
- I see cracked iPhone screens all over - is the iPhone really as durable as they want us to believe?

I repair laptops for work. One thing I can say is that most people are completely careless when it comes to things like their personal devices. The vast majority of repairs I do are because of some sort of physical or liquid damage. I would even go as far to say that about 67-75% of the repairs I do overall are for cracked screens.

anon(5274906)

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I completely agree. I've used smartphones for quite a few years now and never managed to break any of them. In the mean time, I've fixed dozens of phones - some of them accidents that 'can happen', others just absurd.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If they made longer lasting iPhone's people wouldn't buy as many. I thought they were very eco friendly. So i have no opinion of that.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77